british airways card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dexi, Oct 12, 2000.

1. dexi

dexi Guest

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone can provide some information to me. I met a man a few years ago that used an airline card, though I'm not sure which airline it was. He earned mileage every time he used his card, so he used it for EVERYTHING. Does anyone have any knowledge about airline charge cards- how to find them, get them, etc? Thanks, Dexi

2. justme

justme Guest

I have a Bank of America US Airways card. British Airways ia an airline partner of theirs and miles are redeemable on BA. You get 1 mile for every dollar you charge. Apply by visiting www.bankofamerica.com

3. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

If you're looking for airline charge cards that are not Visa or Mastercard, there are only a few left. American Airlines and United Airlines both have charge cards issued by Hurley State Bank. Each offers a separate credit line and a cash advance line. You can apply for either of these online with online approval. You can apply for the United Travel Card at www.unitedtravelcard.com. You can apply for the American Airlines Credit Card by going to their site at www.aa.com. Look for the index tab, click it, and look for the link to the American Airlines Credit Card.

TWA also has its own charge card, called the TWA Getaway Card. You can apply for this one by phone. Just look for a customer service number on TWA'a website.

Like department store or any other charge cards, these cards carry a much higher interest rate than most major credit cards.

4. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thank you for the web addresses. I did several searches and never succeeded in finding a Hurley State Bank home page. That was even before the acquisition by Citigroup.

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I don't think Hurley has a website. They only carry private label charge cards. You'll probably have to find the businesses they serve, and apply through their websites.
    Other than the two airlines cards, they issue cards for OfficeMax, Radio Shack, and Goodyear. I'm sure they probably issue others, but I don't know what they are.