BT Rate Extension

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Apr 11, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have a 2.9% transfer rate right now on my Universal card that expires May 1st, and I already have plans to move it. Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a promotional rate extended?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

BT Rate Extension
    Author: JacquiG (p1fed1.frb.org)
    Date: 04-11-01 08:58

Hi all,

I have a 2.9% transfer rate right now on my Universal card that expires May 1st, and I already have plans to move it. Just wondering if anyone has ever gotten a promotional rate extended?

Reply To Message ======tell them you plan to switch cards and see if they will lower rate to keep your bus>

3. 777

777 Guest

If they extend the offer they may up your rate by a percent or two.Just call,and ask for an extension on your offer.If they don't just transfer your balance on to the next card in line.

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was the plan. Had already done the EFT transfer from MBNA when my landscaper's quote came in at almost the same amount! Now everything's falling like dominoes - everything else behind it has to be adjusted. Unfortunately, everytime I talk to Universal, I get 'I don't know'. I hate calling them, so I tried calling thru Citibank's number, but somehow I always end up back in Jacksonville's call center!

5. 777

777 Guest

I should say one thing,i have my creditors by the ass for B.T. offers!I have 100K worth of credit limits to work with,and when i try to extend my offers they do it knowing i have all of this availiable credit!This goes to show that you got to play some hard ball with them!If they know that you got alot of credit to work with,they will do everything they can to keep your business on your remaining balances.This is a known fact!