Building Monster Credit Advice Pls

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by travisdu, Sep 29, 2003.

1. travisdu

travisdu Member

Dear CreditNet,

First of I really wanted to thank the webmasters and posters of this board in giving a forum and advice to me when I was starting my credit cleanup process.

This board as well as my own blood sweat and tears are responsible for taking my credit rating from almost unsavable to the point where I have a "clean slate" again.

My current score on my account is in the low 600's and is totally blank of any negatives. The problem is that it is also blank of any positives for the most part as well.

A year or so ago I did get an authorized account from my step father who has immaculate credit and a holder of several invitation only ultra premium cards. That in itself added over 100 points to my score.

What I was hoping for from this point is some input from those on this board who have gone from scratch to super juicy credit in as short a time as possilbe.

If you could give me some ideas to take me to the next level and beyond I would truely appreciate it. Please spell out the theory and practice of what you have done and what you have achieved so that I might follow in your footsteps.

In a couple years I would like to have a at my disposal between 50-100k of credit in low fee cards.

If anyone has any advice on building lines of credit type accounts as well as any ideas about building business credit that would be much appreciated as well.

Ok let the game plans rip. :)

Sincerely,
    Travis U.

2. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

I don't have the greatest credit profile, but I can tell you is to get deals with the best LENDERS as soon as possible.

I would get an account with the following:
    BofA - High CL
    Chase - 0% offers, high CL
    Citibank - ditto
    AmEx - the "Greek God" of creditors

I'd start with BofA. If declined, send a letter via PlanetFeedback.com and ask for reconsideration. Especially with NO negatives and (hopefully) few inquiries will help you get approved!

Hope to see other ideas too!

3. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Building Monster Credit

Sam used to post a lot about his credit-building model. I know it involved Macy's, Citibank, and the American Express Gold Card.

He recently posted that he has $200K in available credit.

4. travisdu

travisdu Member

Building Monster Credit

Dear David & RichGuy,

Thanks for the input. I thought I would fill in a bit more info about my current rating.

My report is essentially blank except for the following:

Three hard inquiries dated 02/02.

An Authorized User account for a Citibank Platinum card that dates as opened 02/89 and reporting for 20 months with me.

None of the agencies have my current address and all state None as current employer.

The one bad thing about the AU Citi card is that they dont post the credit line max to the agencies only the current revolving balance which is usually rather high.

Im thinking it might be advisable to close that account and open another AU that does report the credit line. Opinions?

Thanks RichGuy for pointing me to Sams posts. If you could post a link that would be great. Is Sam his user name?

Looking forward to more thoughts from people who have built monster credit. Thanks again.

Sincerely,
    Travis U.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Building Monster Credit

Travis,

Yes, his user name is Sam. He's done very well for himself.

6. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Re: Building Monster Credit

try getting delta gold from amex as your first card then after 6 months my next card would be boa plat card as david stated if you are denied ask for reconsideration via pfb you will be approved ....... also how about a car loan , and it wouldn't hurt to have a job reporting or massive hh income....... don't apply for every card you see and remember what works for some one else might not work for you.........

heres a few of my cards and apr
    amex blue 6.99 cl 18,900
    boa 8.99apr cl 32,500
    citi plat select divedend card prime + 3.99 cl 14.700
    over 200,000 avalible scores over 760 on all if you want more info my email is on..

7. travisdu

travisdu Member

Re: Building Monster Credit

I know there are more people on this board that have built large credit lines and really improved their profile beyond just "cleaning" their credit.

Lets here from you.

Thanks,
    Travis U.