Burnt again by AMEX Secured Op

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by niecy25, Dec 5, 2000.

1. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Once again I have been burnt. Disregard my last post even though I talked to a rep before sending out my money yesterday who assured me that the program was back up and running again it is not!!!!!!

So once again my deposit will be returned more than likely this will be the last time. I am tired of getting my hopes up for the card.

2. river

river Well-Known Member

RE: Burnt again by AMEX Secure

They should make an exception with you because you were mislead by reps.I have a # that connects directly to the secure card supervisior and I'll post it for you. It's not a 800 # though. 1.801.565.5000 and I would plead my case and Don't accept no for an answer. Be very pleasant,but presistant.Use info that I posted at bottom undre Dario"s post. Explain this is second time ans she canoverride this situation. Good Luck and let us know outcome. Must call eastern or mountain time,forgot which.

3. niecy25

Thank you very much. I will call as soon as they open.

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Did yo mail your deposit to the P.O.Box 2001?

5. niecy25

Yes. Where was I supposed to mail it? I sent it by overnight mail

6. river

river Well-Known Member

Was just checking to see if you mailed to correct p.o.box.You're ok.

7. niecy25

Great. You had me scared there

8. river

river Well-Known Member

I went thru the same thing when I applied and people were saying that it was disontinue and I called and anyway ended up with the card.

9. river

river Well-Known Member

Additional info,ask to speak with Julie Lindquist.

10. niecy25

What exactly did you say. I really want this card. Give me any other pointers that you can

11. river

river Well-Known Member

Just explain that you had sent in for cardbefore and was returned and you have been told by several reps that the card wasbeing offered again starting Dec.1st and for the second time you mailed deposit again based on info you got from reps,of course,why would you spend the money sending off deposit again? You're a woman and she's a woman,use what you can to your advantage honey.Look for any kind of sympathy you can get from her. Actually,she'sa very plesant woman and I know she can override the reps and computers. Let her know that you want to really have this card and determine to get it.

12. Saar

Saar Banned

Overnight shipments aren't normally shipped to P.O. Boxes; They're shipped only to physical street addresses.

They'll probably put a notice in Amex's P.O. Box that a shipment awaits and let them know how to contact the shipper.

Next time, before sending anything overnight, make sure you have a street address of the receiver.

Saar

13. river

river Well-Known Member

When she calls this a.m.,she can let the lady know that she overnight the deposit ad I'm sure the lady will accomadate her in any way she can.

14. niecy25

RE: Talked to the Supervisor

I just got off the phone talking to the supervisor. She said that there is a system technacality. She said that she could override but since there is a glitch in the system it will not print out any new cards.. She said she would look into getting my deposit sent back right away. She took my name and number and she said as soon as she finds out when they have that glitch fixed that she was going to call me back. She also said she would call back by tommorrow to update me on what she has found out so far and to let me know about my deposit

15. niecy25

Thanks again River for your help. Maybe there is still hope for AMEX for me.

16. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: OT: Overnight Shipments

Saar,

It is true that you can't send a Fed Ex and UPS package to a PO Box, but you can send a USPS Express Mail package to a PO Box...I've, er, sent my car payment that way, LOL.

Cheers,
    Cindy

17. river

river Well-Known Member

Well,do you have a good feling that maybe the supervisor will call you with good news tomorrow? I really feel that you will get the card, and that the program will start up again.Cross your fingers and keep positive attitude and I will do same here for you.

18. mt

mt Guest

RE: OT: Overnight Shipments

I have this card, but I am under the impression that it does not report to the credit bureaus - does anyone know for a fact? I have other cards that do report, so it isn't a big deal.

19. niecy25

Well I will not get a card this time around however I did talk to a VP in centurion bank who later discussed our conversation with the President of the company.

She told me that the card that they will be releasing will be another secured optima card. This card will be nationally promoted. This card will include alot of features that the current one does not have.

She also said that someone would personally get in touch with me when the new card is released.

As far as my deposit they are overnighting it back to me. So for now I am happy.

I have read a few post that I also want to address. Question is why do we want the card so bad. First of all I think it is very easy for the ones who were lucky enough to get in on the deadline to view it as why the fuss, but I think we deserve the right to want the card just as much as you wanted the card. I also believe that if you had not been lucky enough to get it on the card you would feel the same way. That is what the big deal is. You had your reason for wanting the card and we have our reasons and we should be intitled to it. This response is just to the ones who question why we want to get a card so bad.