Butch? RE: CRRR mailing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 3dayevntr, Aug 23, 2003.

1. 3dayevntr

3dayevntr Well-Known Member

HI Guys,
    I was wondering if sending letters via USPS with delivery confirmation with signature would be as effective as sending CRRR. Is the reason for sending CRRR just to have proof that the letters were received? The reason I am asking is ...it is possible to send & print postage from home via the USPS web site. I can send items via Priority mail and have delivery confirmation added for free (usually 35-45 cents) or add signature confirmation for 1.30 additional. If it is only the proof of receipt that is essential, then deliver confirmation would seem to be fine. However I am not sure what woud be required by the court if things progressed that far. It would cost 3.85 for a letter with delivery confirmation only, USPS gives the envelopes free. Even with the extra 1.30 it would be worth not having to go to the PO.

I appreciate your time and answer.
    K

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Hi 3Day,

Welcome to the board.

Tell ya what, we have a lot of people who find it hard to get to the PO, usually because it's far.

One really great alternative might be www.faxaway.com

You can fax your letters etc., and have a confirmation receipt in the form of an email, and from a 3rd party too.

That would be critically important if you ever do have to go to court. I've never heard a complaint, not once. Go see if you think that would work ya.

I gotta tell ya tho, if you ever end up in court nothing beats the good old green card with an original signature. Always has been my favorite.

Let me know if this helps.

:)

3. cmloving

cmloving New Member

I have a question, what if they stamp it and/or don't put a legible signature on it? I have just recently gotten 4 green cards back, none of which are filled in all the way or have a sig.

4. cmloving

cmloving New Member

I have a question, what if they stamp it and/or don't put a legible signature on it? I have just recently gotten 4 green cards back, none of which are filled in all the way or have a sig.

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Go to www.usps.com, and there is a place where you can enter tracking number. Enter the CMRRR number, and see what they are reporting.

6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Gotta watch those darn comma's and period's after our links. Kills em every time. :))

www.usps.com

7. 3dayevntr

3dayevntr Well-Known Member

Thanks Butch!
    I am already completely addicted to this forum and will need to go to Creditnet-anonymous soon.

K

8. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

IF YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL PO AND BRING IN YOUR CERTIFED SLIP THEY WILL PRINT YOU OUT A COPY WITH THE PERSONS NAME ADDRESS AND TIMEE THEY SIGNED THAT WILL STAND IN COURT JUST ASK THE TO BOP IT FOR YOU, THEY WILL KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN (ROUND DATE )