Buying tradelines is ILLEGAL!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by TomL, Feb 9, 2001.

1. TomL

TomL Guest

According to the Fair Credit Reporting act, it is ILLEGAL to put something in your credit report that you know is false! It's considered mail or wire fraud to put knowingly give false info into a credit file, either by the consumer or by creditor. Don't give any $$$ to anyone who claims to do this; when they get busted, at best, the tradeline you bought will be deleted, and at worst you will be prosecuted.

TomL

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

RE: Buying tradelines is ILLEG

makes sense... it should violate the idea that the creditor is reporting valid, timely, and complete information.

3. Saar

Saar Banned

I agree.

But this isn't just a crime. It is by far one of the stupidest crimes. THERE IS A RECORD OF WHAT THEY REPORTED AND WHO REQUESTED IT. This is like robbing a bank and then leaving a note: "Hi. This bank was robbed by John Smith, SSN 123-34-7890, address XXXX, phone XXXX."

Saar

4. Tyson

Tyson Guest

I agree but I'm someone who has tried it and am very happy with the results.

Now come on people, HALF the advice given on this board is just a bit on the criminal side and don't try and kid yourself. Most of us at one time or another have had negative accounts on our reports and have had them removed even though they were legit. I come from this planet called earth and on earth getting out of paying on debts you've created is not what you call ethical. And neither is having accurate info removed from your reports before the laws deadline. Enough said!

5. TomL

TomL Guest

But the chances are, they are just going to keep the cash and do jack.

TomL

6. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I am glad you said it is mail fraud and wire fraud.

Let's talk now when you send a dispute to the credit bureaus wanting them to remove a debt that you made and defaulted on that is mail and wire fraud.Also you are telling the bureaus that the debt is incorrect please remove it.

If it is ILLEGAL why is the bureaus letting me report it.Also check with your local bank they will sell you a line of credit and report i guess it is ok for the bank's to do it.

7. TomL

TomL Guest

<<I agree but I'm someone who has tried it and am very happy with the results.

Would he be still happy if he was sitting in federal pen for it? Even if there was 99% chance of it working and 1% chance that you'd go to prison for it, is it worth the risk?

The right to get even legit information off your credit report if the creditors don't act as the law states is an explicit right given to the consumers in the Fair Credit Reporting Act. There is a big difference between doing legit credit repair and trying to pull off mail fraud.

TomL

8. tomL

tomL Guest

When you are disputing with a credit bureau, you are asking them to investigate the debt as legitimate. It is up to the creditors to prove to the credit bureaus that the debt is legitimate. The right to such an investigation is a right EXPLICITLY given to you by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, whether the debt is legitimate or not. What you are proposing to do is EXPLICITLY given as a crime in the FCRA. See the difference?

Getting away with it doesn't mean that it's legal. If you make some $20 bills in your garage and successfully pass them off, that doesn't mean that making $20 bills in your garage is legal.

Where I come from, it's called a loan. They actually give you the money that they say they gave you in the tradeline and they charge you interest for it. Whatever scamsters you're hyping on this board doesn't have a federal charter to act as a bank, do they?

TomL

9. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

It is hard to explain to someone with his head up his ass.

Show me in black and white if you sell trade lines and add it to a credit file that it is ILLEGAL.
    Collections companies buy bad debts every day and sell bad debts every day and there is no law says that each collections companies can not add the collection to your credit file.
    Now get your head out of your ASS and put it in black and white back up what you say.
    I have read the FCRA.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Here's the deal.

Its illegal to BACK DATE trade lines,

it is legal to date today and forward, tradelines in suspicious ways (read net 1st).

11. Tyson

Tyson Guest

To Tom

Keep it real son! Honesty doesn't come in a hundred different flavors. You and all of us know the facts. If you don't pay your creditors on time then you've messed up and it should be reported to your reports just like the other 30+ million Americans who have slipped up at one time or another. If you're trying to teach a lesson in ethics then clean your own kitchen first. As you can see I'm not selling you or anyone on any company now am I? I've done my legal research and I knew what I had paid for. I got what I wanted and now I have what I need. To each his own and once again I'm not selling sh#$%, just telling my story. You won't see me in prison wear anytime soon but you will see me in big black Benz doing 80 up the coast.

12. Tyson

Tyson Guest

RE: To Tom

I take that back! You don't know all the facts. Some guys run "scamfits" and some guys (even attornys for big movie stars) do this and make the whole transaction legit. Is it ethical? No it's not (just like most the tactics right here on this board). Only a fool will speak up and tell a story to which he has not all the facts. Good weekend to all!

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M FLYING INTO ONTARIO, CA from DENVER on way to my mom's house in WHITTIER can I have a ride in your big black BENZ?

:)

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M FLYING INTO ONTARIO, CA from DENVER on way to my mom's house in WHITTIER can I have a ride in your big black BENZ?

:)

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

sorry glitch...

16. Tyson

Tyson Guest

It's an 2001 S430 which I just bought with my new credit. Not sure how many Benz you'll find in Ontario but good luck. I'm in Claremont!

17. TomL

TomL Guest

<<It is hard to explain to someone with his head up his ass.

What, can't come up with facts so you gotta pull out the insults?

Fair Credit Reporting Act.

Section 623.

Section 1: Prohibitions.

Paragraph A: "A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or consciously avoids knowing that the information is inaccurate."

Good enough for ya?

What you have a reading comprehension problem too as well as being a liar?

TomL

18. Tyson

Tyson Guest

Okay buddy (Tom) Iâ??m outta this one. I don't know Eddie and I've made my point. Fact is, no matter whatâ??s said on a message board, I'm a happy credit scoring man. Again my points stand and I can ONLY speak of my own experience and never jump the gun about what I'm not educated on. BTW Tom, I've also read the FCRA as well as all the credit books Amazon had to offer. Itâ??s Friday people! Relax! Go see a movie and have a Coke and a smile. Gone for the weekend!

19. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

> Show me in black and white if you sell
    > trade lines and add it to a credit file
    > that it is ILLEGAL.

My God, Eddie, are you *really* THAT ignorant?

20. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh -- Eddie is Bobby.

That explains EVERYTHING.