Bye!!!Bye!!! Private Issue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I got my mail from Discover Card about my Private Issue.
    The letter said:

Dear Discover Private Issue Cardmembers:

Starting with your billing period after February 1,2003, your Discover Private Issue(R) Account will be renamed a Discover Titanium Card Account. For your convenience, your Account Number will not change. This means if you have any products or services that are currently being charged on an automatic basis to your Discover Private Issue Account,such as health club dues, you will not have to provide these merchants with a new Account Number.

Your current Discover Private Issue Card is valid until the expiration date on your card, so you can continue to take advantage of the great benefits of Discover Card. You will also able to access your Account online at Private Issue.com until March 1, 2003. After that date, you'll find everthing you need tp know about Discover Card Account in the Account Center at Discovercard.com. And you log in with the same Account number and password as before!

. No annual fee
    .Online Account access and bill payment at your fingertips
    .Free Additional Cards for your Account
    .Exculsive discounts on hundreds of items from the Internet's leading retailers at the ShopCenter(R) at Discovercard.com
    .Acceptance at approximately 4 million locations nationwide, with 1,000 new merchant locations added every day
    .Enchanced travel insurance coverage

Thank you for your continued loyalty as a Discover Cardmember. It pays to Discover(R).

Sincerely yours,

David Nelms
    President
    Discover Financial Services, Inc.

P.S. If you have any questions, please call us 1-800474-2273.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,

Currently, Private Issue Card has 11.99% fixed and no cash back. After February, I'm going to ask them for 9.9% fixed. By the way, I wanted to apply for one and now they converted my Private Issue Card into one. I guess they don't have any Novus Card or Bravo Card anymore. They wanted to make it simple.

Ron.

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

They quoted me 13.99% for a Titanium conversion (the rates seem to be variable).

Just paid them off, let's see how long it takes before they call to do a BT.

I wish more companies operated on the "everyday value" principle (Amex, Citi are great). I hate playing these BT games, but I'll do it and at 0% I'm "winning" the game.

It's just a hassle to keep all the records straight about which cards are "in the sock drawer" and which balances have to be paid by which date.

-mj

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

13.99% IS NOT WHAT IS ADVERTISED!!!

https://www.novusnet.com/acqs/stdapp/req?cmd=splash&card=TITA

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

mj~~read this to them!!!

Introducing One of Today's Best
    Values, the New Low-Rate Discover
    Titanium Card!
    You'll enjoy a 0% introductory rate on both
    purchases and balance transfers for 6
    months*, then an everyday low 9.99%
    APR*. In addition, there's no annual fee
    making the new Discover Titanium Card a
    value you can't pass up.

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

George - I did... the response (this was a retention rep) was "the system will only let me convert you to Titanium with 13.9% rate. You may want to apply for the account with the terms you're reading..."

So, I'll pay it off to $0 and then see if they want to talk.

-mj

...sitting at desk with with 5 BT offers -
    Chase: 0% to 11/03 - 2% ($35 max) fee, then 8.9%
    BofA: 4.25% for life, $50 fee
    Fleet: 4.9% to 11/03 - 2% ($35 max) fee, them 8.8%
    Citi: 4.9% to 11/03 - $0 fee - then 7.99%
    Amex Blue: 7.99% - $0 fee

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Mine is @ $0.00 since my problems with DISCOVERCARD SECURITY