C.A.attempting to collect CC debt.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Big_Steve, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Big_Steve

Big_Steve Well-Known Member

In November 1993 I applied for and received a CC from Shell MC through Chemical Bank; later went to Chase Bank.

In early 2000 I began having problems staying current with my monthly payments and eventually fell behind; account went into default and was eventually charged off by Chase.

In October 2000 I received a letter from First Select Financial; they acquired my old Chase MC account in the amount of $7,825.00 and they wanted to collect.

Soon their phone calls started. I quickly wrote them a letter demanding they stop calling me which they did; that was in October 2000.

Now less than 3 weeks ago I receive a letter from Credigy informing me they acquired my old CC account from First Select and they wanted to collect, not $7,825.00 but $10,158.00 and soon their phone calls started.

I recently obtained a copy of my credit report from Equifax back in July 2003 and information on my account in question is listed in Equifax's report on me as follows:

Chase MC account
    Originally opened - November 1993
    Date of last activity - February 2000
    Date info was reported to Equifax - September 2000

My state of residency is and always has been Mississippi. What should I do to get Credigy off of my back and do the SOL apply to my account? I believe the SOL for CC accounts in my state; Mississippi is 3 years. Can anyone advise me what I need to do next?

Sburch2
    Biloxi, Mississippi
    sburch2@bellsouth.net

End Of Message
    09/23/03

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

3. Big_Steve

Well who are you to ask how many times I have posted? Who the **** are you? If you got a problem; just ignore it.

End Of Reply
    09/24/03

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: C.A.attempting to collect CC debt.

5. tr1252

tr1252 Well-Known Member

I don't want to start a war here, but you have 19 posts on this board. lbrown59 has 12330 posts. 'Nuf said? Do us all a favor by showing some respect!

6. pd11604

pd11604 Well-Known Member

. . . lbrown59= one of the most knowledgable people here!

7. Big_Steve

So that gives him the right to pick and choose as well as tell others to post or not to post? Get real; why all of the whining? Get real.

End Of Reply
    09/24/03

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

All they were trying to say is that posting the same thing more than once (unless its an accidental browser press ONCE) serves no purpose...

If no one has replied open the original post, and *BUMP* it back up to the top so that the ORIGINAL post moves back up to the top of the forum.

Otherwise, someone will reply to one ot the other posts, any you may MISS it because you're not looking at THAT copy of the post.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

??????

10. jrjr37

jrjr37 Well-Known Member

I'd like to question your excessive and annoying use of the semicolon.

11. Big_Steve

Are you asking me why I use the semicolon?;;;;;;;;;
    It's been a long time since my college days when I could have easily received a failing grade on an English paper for making only one; (1) punctuation; spelling; and or grammatical error.

I imagine if you look close enough; you'd probably find something in my reply which would give an English instructor reason to fail me. My college days were long; long; ago; back in the 70's; as John Stossel (sp?) would say; "Give me a break".

End Of Reply
    09/25/03