C A N T H E Y

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lbrown59, Mar 5, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Can a creditor report a collection to a cra after you have paid the creditor in full ???????????????????

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Yes they can....should show as paid collection with a $0 balance. Most collection agencies will take it off if you talk to them nicely about it.

Sean

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

C A N T H E Y
    Author: lb (---.proxy.aol.com)
    Date: 03-05-01 10:58

Can a creditor report a collection to a cra after you have paid the creditor in full ???????????????????

Reply To Message
    Re: C A N T H E Y
    Author: sean (---.lv-cbc.nevada.edu)
    Date: 03-05-01 11:01
    Yes they can....should show as paid collection with a $0 balance. Most collection agencies will take it off if you talk to them nicely about it.

Sean
    --------===============-----------------------=============

Reply To above Message
    Here's what happened : I owed the creditor $53.00.I paid the creditor the 53 bucks on 2-23-1.
    On 2-25-1 the 53 dollars was reported to the CRA as a collection account with 53 bucks due:
    My QUESTION
    How could there be a collection account on 2-25-1 on an account that ceased to exist on 2-23-1 ???????????
    ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
    Yes they can....should show as paid collection with a $0 balance.==================================
    ------------------------------------------========
    HOW could there be a paid collection on 2-25-1 when there was no account to report to the cra on 2-25-1 ????