C&D letters

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fand123, Oct 24, 2001.

1. fand123

fand123 Well-Known Member

Can I C&D a CA after they validate an account? I have a feeling I will have a difficult time dealing with the CA and will like them to send the account back to the original creditor. Is there any other way I can get them to send it back?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sure.... why not.... no legal reason you could not do it after a validation... before a validation.... on Tuesday..... Christmas.... basically, no limits....

<I wonder how many seconds will go by before someone tells you to work with the collection agency and have them pay it and FORCE it off the credit report>

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yes, you can and you should if their validation does not meet FDCPA standards for validation letters. If it does not meet FDCPA standards, it is not a validation at all. It is nothing in the eyes of the law.
    You should be very happy that you are dealing with a collection agency instead of the original creditor. When you are dealing with a collection agency you are protected by the law. When you are dealing with an original creditor they can do just about anything they want to do to you because they are protected from the law. Be glad it's a collection agency.
    You already have them over the proverbial barrel. Don't let go now. Go after them like a bulldog and lock your jaws down even tighter yet. You are in the drivers seat now. Don't let go.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Broken record........ 420 seconds.........

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bkev:

LOL