CA calls after CRA deletes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lostinoz, Aug 27, 2003.

1. lostinoz

lostinoz Active Member

i disputed an account on my CR with TU. they deleted after the 30 days. well the other day i get a call from a CA wanting to collect on this same debt that i just had deleted. i basically told him i would only correspond through mail and hung up. i'm sure he will be sending some type of correspondence but can the CA have TU put that notation back on my CR?

2. Stunning

Stunning Active Member

Oh my, this is a great question! I wish I could help you:( I am new and learning on this great board. I would like to know how to handle your situation also, in case it happens to me. I'll try to do a search on it.

I am sure someone here can give you excellent advice, and if I locate something in the search, I'll post a link for you.
    :)

Stunning

3. tmitchell

tmitchell Well-Known Member

They absolutely can put it back on.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

They absolutely can put it back on.
    = tmitchell ==
    ===================
    Not if they haven't validated.

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Only if she had requested validation. They can put it back on, but the CRA has to notify you within 5 business days of the reinsertion.

Did you happen to get a name for the company? If its the same one, I would send a validation letter.

6. lbrown59

Important:
    Have you Sent the CA a validation letter yet?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" you are NOTIFIED within 5 days

8. lostinoz

lostinoz Active Member

i sure did send the validation letter. they couldn't validate so off it came. the CA was Arrow Financial--yuck!

9. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

You sent a validation letter to Arrow? Or did you mean you sent a letter to the CRA?

I'm confused.

10. dalaggie

dalaggie Well-Known Member

Does anyone know whether the CRA has to notify you by mail? In other words, if you are a member of their credit reporting service (i.e., credit manager, etc.) does that constitute the required notice, or no?

Best regards.

11. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: CA calls after CRA deletes

I pondered that myself for a while:

ii) Notice to consumer. If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than 5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.

Then I went with my own opinion that I never authorized them to notify me by any alternate means, nor does the Creditwatch TOS mention it :)

12. lbrown59

1*Who did you send it to???????????????????????????????????????