CA Calls?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Oct 11, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

CA calls at my number almost everyday and asking for some name which I've never known about. I and my husband have never owed debt and We have been using this number for almost 3 years.

Today CA called again and I asked them to delist this number but CA said he can not control it.

What should I do? It's bother me.

Thanks
    AUX

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They are in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act. If you ask them not to call, they must stop. They are probably using autodialers, and there is a call disposition for "do not call."

Get their name, phone number and address and report them to your telco.

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you for your reply. I did ask him his name and company then he told me ACE from Phenix and then he hung up on me when I ask for telephone#. I don't have Caller ID.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Okay, look in the front of your phone book. There should be a 2 digit number listed, you can enter after a caller disconnects, that reports the call as a harrassing or threatening call.

Have it handy by the phone, and the next time he calls, ask for his company name, address and phone number again. If you don't get a reasonable answer, ie information you can check out for yourself, then use that 2 digit number for reporting harrassment to your phone compeny. It automatically traces the call and reports it to the phone company for investigation.

Or you could start screaming at him in some other language, like russian or german. Ummm let's see, just start pushing the buttons on the phone. Get a whistle and blow on it - loud - right into the mouthpiece. If you have a 2 year old, put him/her on the phone. Borrow a 2 year old just for the collector, LOL.

Maybe someone else has some suggestions.... teehee...

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

Thank you so much for that trick. I am sure tomorrow he will call again. I will let you know what happen. Anyway, I have baby girl 5 month old and she's good at crying, screaming, yelling and kicking.

Thanks
    AUX

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh another one - start breathing heavy and breathlessly say, "you're interrupting something important."

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh I know - take the phone into the bathroom and flush the toilet.

This is fun!!

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. Can't imagine how you came up with such a great idea.

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have a mean streak ;)

10. Beaker

Beaker Well-Known Member

Ask them what they're wearing. Ask them if they want to be your friend. Sing the theme from "The Beverly Hillbillies".

You're right, breeze, this is fun! :)

11. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Make up a story about your day. Make sure the details are nothing the CA wants to hear. (ie: Awesome kinky sex, good bathroom experience, yadda yadda yadda)

Good Luck!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD NOT EVER BE WITH-OUT MY CALLER ID...

WITH CALLER ID YOU CAN PICK UP PHONE LISTEN FOR DIAL TONE PRESS *77 BEEP BEEP DIAL TONE...THAT GETS RID OF ALL THE PRIVATE NAME/PRIVATE NUMBER PHONE SALES...

A LOT OF CALLS SHOW UP OUT-OF-AREA...BUT YOU CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THAT YET...

13. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Auto dialers can get through that George. It only works on regular line phones.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I only have got 1 PRIVATE name call in the 2 or 3 years I have had it...(wife's friend) because she is on our "SPECIAL CUSTOM RING LIST"...

Why she wasted money on a PRIVATE # I'll never figure out...I TOLD HER PHONE SALES NEVER USE PHONE BOOKS!!!

The computer dialer calls...
    1-555-725-0001

15. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

Ask him for his bank and checking account number. Say you will deposit money into the account to pay off the debt. Then sign up for one of those $5,000 credit line merchandise book offers with the account number and bank name. Hmmm might not be legal but could be fun to try.

Juan

16. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I would think telling them that you are recording the call and telling them to cease and desist further contact would be the best tactic. You have to notify them that you are recording the call, or it is illegal.
    Or, ask where you need to send the check to and send them a C&D letter certified RR.

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

In MOST states you can LEGALLY record a phone call if one party agrees...you are on the phone and you agree!!!

18. MikeB

MikeB Banned

You can do alot of things, but you can not use a person's conversation as evidence in court unless they are aware that you are recording the conversation.

19. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

I once gave a female collector phone sex. She wasn't amused.

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

ROFLOL!! I bet!!