CA Calls?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Oct 11, 2001.

1. IrishDiva

IrishDiva Well-Known Member

What product were they calling for? Chase, Citifinancial, Sprint PSC, Household, Providian or a medical account?

2. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

They told me that it's about Discover account. I've never had Discover Credit Card anyway.

Aux

3. IrishDiva

Discover? ACE has never handled Discover accounts. As far as I know there is just one ACE in Phoenix and that's a portfolio they have never worked. The only thing I can suggest is see if they have a phone number, call back and talk to the VP of Operations or his assistant. Did you get the person's name?

4. IrishDiva

Whoops - I just saw where you said they hung up on you when asked for a number. Try calling 800-280-3800 and ask for a collection supervisor. Tell them you have been receiving calls at your home number for a person you have never heard of, and they are trying to collect on a Discover account. If they ask for your #, don't freak - that's the only way it can be looked up in the databases, and subsequently removed if they find it. But I don't think they will - like I said ACe has never handled Discover. And please do not mention where you got this from or the user name - I could be in a lot of trouble.

5. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Go down to Radio Shack for $49 and get a little black box that emits a short beep when you pick up the phone. That little beep tells all computer generated calls that your number is permanently disconnected and deletes it from their data base.

I Forget what the neme of the little black box is, Tele-zapper I think.

That gets rid of all the computer generated phone calls for good. They only dial one time and that's the end of it for them. They never know what hit them.

6. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much I really appreciate your help. But today he didn't call yet. I will wait until he calls next time. And will call that 1-800- you gave.

Thank you so much.

AUX

7. IrishDiva

You're welcome, AUX. And I appreciate your keeping my user ID confidential. YOu understand.

8. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Is this the one?

=http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=43%2D2205=

9. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Yep. That's it.

I got one and it really does a neat job.
    Keeps all the salesmen away.
    It says on the package that it don't stop the bill collectors, but it does.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Hey Irish,

I hope I didn't offend you with my joking around. I was joking, but that guy was being very unethical to hang up without answering her questions, especially under the circumstances.

I don't have any beef with ethical collections folks. It's a necessary thing. :)

11. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Breeze:

Where on the face of this earth did you ever find one of them animals? Never seen nor heard tell of one yet.

12. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I have.

13. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Bet he rode in on a stiff northern breeze.

LOL