CA help!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tweested, Sep 17, 2003.

1. tweested

tweested Member

Ok, long story, but I had posted on here before about a CA that was calling me at work. I told him over the phone not to call at work, and I asked him over the phone to send validation, and said I was gonna send him a letter to validate. I learned later that he sent a fed ex to me for the validation proof which I never got and was returned to them. A week or so later, he called me back and told me he was going to fax it to me, to a staples near by, and said he sent the fax there. I never went to pick it up, it might be still there, but I had the intention of writing an official validation letter to request one by mail anyway.

Anyways, that was about 10 days ago, he's been calling me on my cell phone off and on, and I've largely been ignoring him, probably a bad idea, but I'm usually at work when he calls and I don't wanna deal with it. Today he calls me on my work number, which I asked him not to (but never officially sent a letter asking for it). He gives me a guilt trip about how I don't care about the debt, and I asked him to send me validation by mail, and that was the only way I'd take it. He said that was bull basically, and kept going on the guilt trip. I then said ok, I'll be writing you, then we'll talk after that. He says "you can send a letter but I'm gonna keep calling you". Then I said calmly, "ok, but i'll send the letter then we'll talk", and then hung up. I put my phone on DND cuz i didn't wanna get his calls. He called the front desk and tried to get them to connect to me, I quickly talked to the guy answering the phone and told him to tell him that I don't accept personal calls. He did and that was that.

I called his office on my cell and asked to speak to him. I asked for his full name and fax number, and company address, and he said "i'm not going to give it to you", and hung up. I know there are laws that say that anyone that tries to collect a debt has to provide id when asked, so I called again. This time I said "I'm recording this conversation, what is your full name and phone number". And he hung up on me again. Called again, and this time, (after talking with someone prolly), he said "Ok, if your recording this call, this is my notice to you to stop calling this office". LOL. I hung up and that was it.

I'm really afraid, because I'm not sure what could happen next. I don't want them to try and serve me, and I really need to get proof of my request for validation asap. They could say they faxed it already, but there's no proof of any of that, or that i picked it up. Is there anyway I can get them on him calling my office, or him not telling me his information? I need to know asap because I know I have to act soon, in fact I can draft up a letter and make it to fedex or ups before the end of the day. Any thoughts? AHHHH. Thanks in advance...

2. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

You are relying on oral matters. Unfortunately, when it comes to oral matters, in law they generally aren't worth the paper they're printed on.

FIRST - send the validation letter CMRRR

SECOND - send a Limted Cease Communication letter instructing the CA as to which number they may contact you on and at what times. Send this letter CMRRR also.

You can't hold the CA to any violations of your rights until you assert them. These letters put the CA on notice that you will vigorously assert and protect your rights.

3. tweested

tweested Member

should I mention any of what was discussed? Can a partial cease and desist prevent any contact besides written mail? Can I say only to call me on one number and only from say 7-9pm weekdays? From how it ended I'm afraid they might just want to try and service me or something.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*but I had the intention of writing an official validation letter to request one by mail anyway.
    tweested
    2*Anyways, that was about 10 days ago, he's been calling me on my cell phone off and on,
    3*I've largely been ignoring him, probably a bad idea
    4*I called his office on my cell and asked to speak to him. I asked for his full name and fax number,
    5*I really need to get proof of my request for validation asap.
    tweested
    1*Get that Validation out now.
    2*Quit playing phone tag now.The first rule in dealing with a ca is stay off the phone.Guess you're finding out why now aren't you?
    3* You'd have to work hard to come up with a worse one!
    4**Glutten for punishment aren't you?
    5*Can't do than on the phone.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. lbrown59

1*Certainly not.
    2*YES
    3*Why when you are not to ever talk to them on the phone?
    4*Got you running when nothing is behind you I see.

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

Read these post to help you get started

INTRO: Creditnet Glossary richard612 129 18423 09.14.2003 @ 14:57

MUST-READ: "Hall of Fame" Postings CCN steve 0 3428 06.30.2003 @ 22:18

INTRO: Unofficial CreditNet Board FAQ Nave 31 19588 06.21.2003 @ 10:22

INTRO: PsychDoc's Credit Repair Primer PsychDoc 57 20709 02.28.2003 @ 20:57

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. tweested

tweested Member

4. Yeah, probably :), but what the heck does it mean to say what he said? He told me to "cease communications with him and his office", wtf?

7. lbrown59

Re: Re: CA help!!!