CA report before any contact?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Phreedom, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Phreedom

Phreedom Well-Known Member

Just report a TL to the CRA without ever notifying the consumer ? I have a TL from early September that I never received notification on

I'm certain I read this in either the FCRA or the FDCPA but damn if I can find it! Thanks

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Yes,

A CA CAN report before any contact.

There are even a special breed of CA that just report, and wait for you to get a copy of the report, and be despirate to clear it up immediately. i.e. you want to get approved for something and need to clear any outstanding accounts to get approved.

I had one CA which purchased an account that was in dispute, reported it to Experian before the old CA forwarded the last letter to them that I sent before finding out that they sold it (by pulling an Experian report). Luckily, it fell off on dispute...

If you got the report directly from the CRA, you can ask the CRA for their contact information, and get the DV out to them, and dispute it as soon as the green card is signed by the CA. Make sure you ask for everything that you can think of to ask for to be satisfied that the account is legit, and yours. I usually ask for complete historical documentation, including but not limited to application, statements, invoices, and receipts.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*Make sure you ask for everything that you can think of to ask for to be satisfied that the account is legit, and yours.
    2* I usually ask for complete historical documentation, including but not limited to application, statements, invoices, and receipts.
    jam237
    ================
    1*
    2* And what do you do If they give it to you??????????
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''