CA Sends me the validation!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tonyd, Sep 22, 2003.

1. tonyd

tonyd Well-Known Member

I disputed w/ all 3 big guns a debt, and the CA sent me waht they call validation, directly to me. Can they do that? I thought it had to go thru the CRA if the dispute started there. And if the debt was not validated or answered within 30 days. is it not INVALID???

2. tonyd

tonyd Well-Known Member

Actually...a CORRECTION-ADDITION!!

I now remember requesting via phone "something in writing" when I first saw this on my CR. That was in mid-July, as the letter is dated and postmarked Sep 18!! WTF!!! It took 2 mos to send it? They included a laser printout itemized list of what I supposedly ordered, with my name and OLD address on it, stating the order was from 1996! WTF!?!?! I DO NOT remember EVER ordering anything from them. Shouldn't I be abel to ask for a copy of the actual packing slip, delivery receipt, signed order for etc???

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Replys needed.

4. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

If the alleged debt is from 1996, then at least you only have to wait another up to 3 months 7 days for it to be 7 years old, and fall off your reports. I would just contact the CRA's (assuming that they don't have it fall off anyway) in a month to let them know that there is an item on your credit report that is 7 years old, and as such is supposed to be deleted. If you ask nicely (I'd do this over the phone, not in a letter) they should quickly remove the item. If the CA tries to re-age it and indicates that it is not 7 years old, you have proof in their letter to you showing the order was from 1996.

I am; however, assuming that you haven't paid on this alleged debt since 1996, since you are quite sure that you never ordered anything from them.

A debt that old is almost definitly out of the SOL (only a handful of states that have over 7 year SOL) so once you've gotten it to be dropped off by the CRA as too old to report, it won't bother you anymore.

Good luck and let us know.

ChrisB

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: CA Sends me the validation!

since you are quite sure that you never ordered anything from them.
    A debt that old is almost definitly out of the SOL (only a handful of states that have over 7 year SOL)
    =====================
    There is no SOL on something like this.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59