CA threatened me

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by anesthesia, Nov 20, 2001.

1. anesthesia

anesthesia Well-Known Member

Last week a CA called my house about a phone collection account. I told the agent that I would not pay the balance unless it was completely removed from my report. She lost her cool and said that if I didn't pay it soon, she would send it to their legal dept. and I wouldn't want that because they would be a lot rougher. Is that legal??

2. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a FDCPA violation to me!!! any others on this!

3. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

They can and will say anything. Tell them from now on you will not negotiate over the phone. If they want to reach you they may correspond with you via snail mail.

Dani

4. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Maybe not, but what can you do about it? I assume you didn't tape record it. She didn't do it in writing.

That's about like as if I tell you I"m gonna run right over there to your house and blow you away. So I threatened you on a public bulletin boad. So how credible is the threat? Is it reasonable to believe that I can do that? Or that I really intend to do just that? Of course it isn't. I tell you I'm going to sue you for rape and murder. How credible is the threat? If it isn't a creditable threat then it don't mean much. Just somebody lost their cool. Big deal. Best they don't get too mad so they can wear the same shorts to get glad in they wore to get mad in. Saves on soap and water that way.
    LOL

5. anesthesia

anesthesia Well-Known Member

thanks. the debt is for $70. Placed in my CR in August. Neither the phone co or the CA are willing to remove it in return for full payment. Maybe I should just pay the phone company and then dispute. I'm not sure of what else I can do.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Just thank them for the 70 bucks