CA Tricks - need a laugh?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cable666, Apr 11, 2001.

1. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

I received a letter from a CA this weekend about $30k they claim I owe FirstUSA. This one made me laugh.

"Dear *deadbeat*,

We learned that you were recently turned down for a job or were declined credit. Perhaps it was because you owe us $30k. Why don't you help your credit by calling us to arrange automatic withholding of payments from your paycheck? We will contact your employer to see about making automatic payments. Otherwise, you must inclose a check for $30k in the attached envelope and send it to us by the end of the month.

<fine print> This is an effort to collect a debt... </fine print>"

That's a good one! I have to applauded their chuptza on this one. I havn't been turned down for credit in years because I haven't applied for credit in years (since I became a deadbeat). I also havn't looked for or been turned down for a job because I work for myself.

Am I wrong or do I detect a vieled threat to contact my employer in there? I'm so scared. What if they call me about myself?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Just tell them your employees can't take private calls while at work.

Saar

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If they call you about you...TELL THEM HE QUIT AFTER HE WON THE $17,000,000 LOTTERY.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Suffice to say he converted to Hindu and was going to a country that has no extradition agreement with the USA.

Saar

5. Bigun

Bigun Guest

And they never tried to collect? Outstanding!

6. cable666

cable666 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding?!? They and the other CC's that I owe on try to colelct all the time. I must have a dozen CA's bugging me.

That $30k is mostly interest and penalties that I told them I refuse to pay. I think they are charging me something like 30 percent interest. After a few years, it grows quit large. I think between all the CC's they claim I owe them about $70-80k. I can't keep track of it anymore.