Call Exp. before you fax...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sm691, Aug 13, 2001.

1. sm691

sm691 Well-Known Member

our you will get nowhere! The 1-877-454-1010 is the correct number, but I was told by a rep after I faxed mine that if it is not addressed to a specific person, it gets "put in the pile" with thier incoming mail, and "it could take weeks" to get entered into thier system. I had a numer of items of proof, and I called and she immediately entered the dispute and told me to fax it to her (again) and she would make sure it got worked within 72 hours.

Shanna

2. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

It seems like having it put into the pile and wait a few weeks before being entered would be advantageous - it uses up the 30 day time period.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems with faxing. But who knows? They could do anything any time......

breeze

4. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

I faxed them last night and I don't really care what they do with it. I'm sending the same letter certified mail today for the proof of delivery and receipt. Experian has to be the worst CRA in my experience so I am not surprised to hear they let items sit for awhile.

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

If your fax machine has a confirmation of delivery sheet that prints out, could you use that as a form of the green card? I mean, you could go to the website and print out the fax numbers and then staple all of it together, right?