Called Wards Today...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desdemona, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Desdemona

Desdemona Well-Known Member

Called Wards today, after going through all the prompts (6- Request Statement, 3- Speak to CSR) I was told that ALL Wardâ??s accounts eligible for transfer to a Wal-Mart card have been mail as of 3/12/2001. You will receive the card in the mail.

I was told by the CSR that I was not eligible for a Wal-Mart card, when I ask why not she said she did not know and transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor informed me that my Wards card was formally closed on March 3 2001, when I asked why my card was not transferred he could not answer me. He said that he did not know Wal-Martâ??s criteria for account transfers. He said Wal-Mart probable did a check on your Wardâ??s account and â??other credit historyâ?. I then asked if they did an inquire on one of my reports, he said no. But then he back peddled and said, I donâ??t think so, I donâ??t know. I asked if I had a balance at this time would my account transferred over. He couldnâ??t answer me. Oh well, too bad this was my oldest account, but I never used it.

So what bank (Chase, FUSA, AMEX) backs the Wal-Mart MasterCard? Is it the same bank as the Samâ??s Club charge?

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

The Wal-Mart MasterCard is issued by Chase, and there's an online application at Chase's site. The 'store' card is issued by GE Capital, I think.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MCCBG