Calling all C'NETERS

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by darkdoj, Sep 23, 2003.

1. darkdoj

darkdoj Well-Known Member

I have a task for you. It seems that Mr. Vick from RMA won't take my phone calls anymore. I have been EXTREMELY nice to this guy. I explained the account situation to him, and he hung up on me. I called him back, he's unavailable. I called him again and he told me not to call him anymore. So I called 5X today and was told that they don't want to speak with me and not to call back.

So.. while I continue my request to speak with Mr. Vick, I'm looking for volunteers who might want to ask Mr. Vick why he likes to repeatedly hang up on people who are nice to him. (I REALLY WAS VERY VERY NICE).

Phone number to RMA in Minnesota - 18007110454
    Just ask for Mr. Vick

2. darkdoj

By the way, his first contact with me was yesterday when he left a message requesting a call back. He called again this morning when I wasn't home and left a message asking that I return his calls.

I returned his calls and asked him for his fax number. (which I think ticked him off). Then asks me why I dispute the debt, so I tell him or try to atleast about the other collection agency who just sent me a settlement and a check. He tells me he will not violate the law. So I ask him, RMA has many complaints against them (now he's getting mad), how can you say that. He says WELL PROVE IT. FAX ME SOMETHING RIGHT NOW (yelling). "If you don't want to pay this debt then don't call me back", CLICK. (first call)

Second call when I finally got a hold of him:

Mr. Vick, it's not nice to hang up on people.

Sir, unless you have any intention of paying me, don't call me anymore. (click)

Hey all I did was return his call like an honest citizen. All I did was answer HIS questions regarding what I disputed. All I did was ask for HIS fax number so I could submit my dispute in writing. All I did was answer his challenge regarding the violations that I have seen against RMA. Sheesh. I think he feels like I'm the collector now.

darkdoj - "Turning the tables on the collector. We don't make the debts, we just add more money and make them larger"

3. gmaof1

gmaof1 Well-Known Member

I just called and in a polite voice, requested Mr. Vicks fax number. The gentleman that answered the phone, placed me on hold for a moment. When he came back on he gave me this fax #
    651-688-5442
    I hope this helps!

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I can fax him the apology letter I received from the chief compliance officer :)

5. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

I probably live right by where this guy works. Do you know what city this guy is in. Maybe we are related? LOL

6. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Why are you even talking to him? Send him a letter, CMRRR, requesting validation and also request that they only deal with you by mail. Talking to any CA is dangerous.

Do everything in writing, and get any agreement in writing.

7. darkdoj

Everything is in writing. He did give me the fax number. However, now Mr. Vick won't take anyone's calls, at least not today. We'll see how it works out tomorrow.

He was adamant that I call him back immediately. So I did. I was polite and he started out polite. Things went down hill after I asked for his fax number. I faxed off the C&D and validation letter 30 minutes later. A copy will also go out CMRRR in the mail tomorrow afternoon.

It's just that I don't get collection calls. I pay my bills and have for quite sometime. I work on a matter of principal. If you want to harass me, I'll harass you back. Now I'm going to call the supposed original creditor and ask them about all this. To be quite honest, I think it's funny that he won't speak to anyone. It's the end of the month and I'm sure he needs his comissions. However, what it comes down to is that I believe in honesty and as a matter of policy I do contact collection agencies when they contact me. However, I am well schooled by both my lawyer and let's just say "friends in higher places" in regards to what I need to say and what I don't need to say.

I can't back down weather I owe something or not. I have a very high security clearance to protect here. There's more at stake then some measly amount of money. Not contacting this person means I'm not doing my part and that could look bad. However, I will continue to call 3-4 times a day until I speak with Mr. Vick and he apologizes to me for hanging up on me repeatedly when I was not rude.

I feel as long as I continue to attempt to open a channel of communication with him on my own terms, he can refuse to speak to me all he wants to. I've done my part.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Dude, just send your C&D and validation letter and be done with it. Hacking off a CA might make you feel good in the short term, but won't help you much in the long term. In the past, before I knew better, I antagonized CA's and paid for it in the form of judgements. I think it was PsychDoc who, in one of his Hall of Fame posts, said there are people who are happy with a deletion, and others who aren't happy until they get a deletion, an apology, some money, etc. Exercise your rights, but don't push your luck.

9. darkdoj

Re: Re: Calling all C'NETERS

I stand corrected. You are correct. However I'm just attempting to return his phone calls. I wasn't the rude one here. I sent validation and C&D. I'll make one call tomorrow to make sure it was recieved. I won't even ask for Mr. Vick this time. I do find it funny, but like I said above I have more important things to consider here. I'm not scared of a judgement however, it's for a small amount of money and I think the OC may be willing to back down if the facts are presented in the right way.

10. J. Vick 71

J. Vick 71 Well-Known Member

Don't trust anyone with the name Vick or that is in Minnesota, the MSP area. I thought it was funny I am in both situations.

RMA had my old phone bill that went to collections. The situation is workable from experience but don't even deal with that guy on the phone. Just have someone else deal with it. The Vick guy had a bad day and decided to take it out on you and others. What power do they really have? People on the phone are morons alot and treat people like the dog that gets kicked all the time. Everything will work out overall and you know that. It just takes a little time.

Sorry to hear a Vick was a !@#$%^&*()!. I absolutely see your side of it though.

11. connorw

connorw Well-Known Member

I normally don't talk to CAs, but I get them calling for my ex-wife based on last name. Usually they appologize when I say they're looking for my ex-wife. Of course, some of them are very rude and I get a kick out of listening to the tape later.

12. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

darkodoj--it's precisely because of your other reasons that I said don't call. I have the same situation as you. The problem is, when it "went downhill," you ticked him off.

If he decides to put a collection (erroneously, of course) on your credit report and keeps validating it, and if your update is during that period, it will cause you a lot more grief in the end.

13. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Look what you're up against.

http://0-pubs.bna.com.pegasus.law.c...8913bb4e575b05e485256da50076ffa7?OpenDocument

1*I have a task for you. It seems that Mr. Vick from RMA won't take my phone calls anymore.
    2*think ticked him off). Then asks me why I dispute the debt, so I tell him or try to at least about the other collection agency who just sent me a settlement and a check. He tells me he will not violate the law. So I ask him, RMA has many complaints against them (now he's getting mad), how can you say that. He says WELL PROVE IT. FAX ME SOMETHING RIGHT NOW (yelling). "If you don't want to pay this debt then don't call me back", CLICK. (first call)
    3* Why are you even talking to him? Talking to any CA is dangerous. Hedwig
    4*Mr. Vick won't take anyone's calls, at least not today.
    We'll see how it works out tomorrow.
    5*. Now I'm going to call the supposed original creditor and ask them about all this. T
    6*However, what it comes down to is that I believe in honesty and as a matter of policy I do contact collection agencies when they contact me.
    7*I do contact collection agencies when they contact me. However, I am well schooled by both my lawyer and let's just say "friends in higher places" in regards to what I need to say and what I don't need to say.
    I can't back down weather I owe something or not. I have a very high security clearance to protect here. There's more at stake then some measly amount of money. Not contacting this person means I'm not doing my part and that could look bad. However, I will continue to call 3-4 times a day until I speak with Mr. Vick and he apologizes to me for hanging up on me repeatedly when I was not rude.
    8*In the past, before I knew better, I antagonized CA's and paid for it in the form of judgments. Buck
    9*I'm not scared of a judgment however, i
    *If he decides to put a collection (erroneously, of course) on your credit report and keeps validating it, and if your update is during that period,
    10 it will cause you a lot more grief in the end.Hedwig

3*darkdoj must like living dangerously!
    5*Smart Move: Get the OC to help the CA nail you with something,
    6*Wrong and bad bad bad policy!
    7*WOW what a suicide pact you got here!
    8*If he is trying to accumulate judgments looks like he is on the right track don't it Buck.?
    9*So you don't mind your cedit trashed and getting overcharged for insurance and finance charges for the next 10 years correct?
    10 like a big increase in his home and auto insurande along eith 20 to 30% interest on all of his credit cards

Look what you are up against
    http://0-pubs.bna.com.pegasus.law.c...8913bb4e575b05e485256da50076ffa7?OpenDocument

THE END ** *** ** LB 59