Calls from Collection Agency - No Clue Why

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Maxed, Aug 2, 2006.

1. ontrack

ontrack Well-Known Member

Since listening to the message after the pause "confirms" to the CA that you are the debtor, perhaps they have "contacted" the consumer and by their own claim, the consumer has responded, therefore they have 5 days to send their FDCPA letter....

If they now claim the consumer has "confirmed" that he is the debtor, and they did not send their letter within 5 days of that alleged confirmation, they are in violation.

They can't have it both ways.

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

If both messages are from the same company, an address, and fax number, and officers... ;)

The Tempe office is the one main address.

Progressive Financial Services
    Wesley F. Hull, President
    Louis P. Valerio, Chairman
    Carl Perry, Senior Vice President

1919 W Fairmont Dr Ste 8 (BBB Member)
    Tempe, AZ 85282-3183
    Fax: (888) 484-0013

*GAG* Their motto is "Mediation, not confrontation" - collecting the clients money while maintaining the clients good image with the consumer. Excuse me while I hurl.

Two of their other offices are here; they say that they have a CO office too, but wasn't able to pull that address up...

740 S Chester Rd Ste D
    Swarthmore, PA 19081-2226
    Fax: (866) 484-0013

1020 6th Ave NE # 258
    Aberdeen, SD 57401-3007

3. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Active Member

Send 'em a fax:

By reading this fax, you agree that no valid debt exists for this account and you further stipulate that all previous communications have constituted a violation the the Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act; and you further stipulate that any further communciation or attempts to collect on this invalid debt violate that same law.

Additionally, by reading this fax you agree to cease all debt collection operations against any person whatsoever, regardless of the valaidity of the alleged debt, and go find yourselves something to do with your lives that contributes to the greater good of society.

Have a nice day!

(OK, don't REALLY send 'em that fax. But think about doing it, and laugh.)

4. Suzie46

Suzie46 Well-Known Member

The origianl poster, Maxed, was concerned about the message (s)he got, and recalled it in this way:
    The Maxed clarified with this:
    When I got a similar message days later, I wrote it down word for word, and it is a little different than Maxed's, but sinilar enough that I think it may be the same one:
    Mine does not say that by staying on the line I am acknowledging that the DEBT is mine. It says the I am acknowleging that I am the person they are trying to reach.

I'm not sure if they are for the same thing. Since Maxed was vaguely recalling at first and not very clear, when I got a similar message, I thought it could be the same thing, and added it here to help clarify. In my post, I said that the company that called me may have been about a student loan, because days before I got this message, I had another kind of message from progressive Fin. and I never heard of them before and all of sudden they were calling me. I posted another thread here asking for info on them, and the reposnse was it was about student loans (the messages on machine don't say that). Maxed wondered what it could be about, I wondered if Maxed had student loans like me, that could help him/her identify what they are calling about, becaue that's my message may have been about. I don't recall maxed saying it was or it wasn't, but based on all of this, i am wondering if they are same thing (it may not be)

The phone numbers in the messages are different, the wording is similar but I'm not sure if they are the same (only Maxed can confirm), and even if the CA names are different, it still could be for the same reason, but again, only Maxed can confirm.

I don't know if they are they same, and the reponses here may get confusing if they are talking about 2 different things. I hope I didn't cause confusion - I was trying to help clarify with exact words, if they are the same message. Maxed may have to let us know if the message (s)he got is the same as mine, and if other things match up to be the same issue or not.

Trying to clarify and hope I'm not making it worse!

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Well, Suzie that info at least gives you their contact information ;)

6. meagain

meagain New Member

a little revenge?

HI, found this board while searching for Progressive Financial. They have been calling for weeks. They have the wrong number. They have been told that. They say they will cease and desist . They lie. They have called 5 times today. They have called my house and told me to 'not cop an attitude'! Therefore, I propose we all send black faxes and shut down their machines for a while.
    Here are some to get you started.

Start those black sheets!