Can a BK be removed from a pub

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Mar 26, 2000.

1. bg

bg Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Can a BK be removed from a pub

How do you get the address associated with it removed from your report if that is the address where you currently live?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: RE: Can a BK be removed from a

You don't even have to wait 7 years as a BK can be disputed at any time.

3. lbrown59

Re: RE: Can a BK be removed from a

Unless you dispute it and it gets removed.

4. goldhummin

goldhummin Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Can a BK be removed fro

Think that one through, BG. (smile)

First you'd have to change your mailing address with all of your creditors. If you miss that step, then any address you removed from the CRA will reappear next month when the OC reports.

Then, obviously you can't get the address where you CURRENTLY live off the report (unless you want to have your current address by in-care-of a friend/relative). Then it's not your current address any more, and just get the CRA to remove it as incorrect.

5. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Can a BK be removed fro

After the trade lines included with chapter 7 bankruptcy have been eliminated from a credit report, can a your then challenge the bankruptcy public record to remove it from the credit report?
    David
    ====================
    You can do it any time so there is no need to wait for elimination of the trade lines from a credit report.

6. RatRay

RatRay Member

My BK13 was filed 7/99, discharged 1/02. I started doing credit repair about a year ago. One of the first things I got deleted from TU was the BK. It was listed, only on the TU report, under my bk atty's name. I disputed "I am not (bk atty)", and TU deleted.

A few weeks ago I was looking at my BK documents on line (PACER). In my docs was a 2-page doc from someone else's BK...but it had my file number on it. A court mistake. So I printed it, and sent copies to EX and EQ and said "Here's this doc with the file no on it you say is mine, but it has this other person's name and SSN and account number. Please Delete." EX, in a shocker, took it off in about a week. EQ is pending.

Dispute the inaccurate places on the BK listing, and go check your docs online just to see what you might find.

I don't have any IIBs on EQ or TU, but I have 3 on EX. So I think I am going to try disputing saying since I have no BK on the report, they are inaccurate, and must be deleted.

7. lbrown59

<<
    How do you get the address associated with it removed from your report if that is the address where you currently live?
    bg
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Set one up at mailboxes,

8. goldhummin

goldhummin Well-Known Member

Or use a friend or relative's house. But you must also change your address on each TL that is reporting, or they will report the address right back onto the report.

9. lbrown59

Re: Re: Can a BK be removed from a pub

1* Correct.