Can AMEX Business Reported on CRA?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by samitra, Jul 18, 2001.

1. samitra

samitra Active Member

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any way of getting business cards reported on CRA. My personal credit history is just getting re-established after going through CCCS.

But my business Amex card is excellent. About $25,000 in the past two years. Never late. I have a Amex Gold Exec Corporate card since '95. It would be nice, if I could reflect that in my credit reports. I am sure it could boost my FICO scores, if it was allowed.

Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks for your help.

sam

2. me

me Well-Known Member

I don't think so because the Amex corp card is only guaranteed by the company you work for. So in a way it's kind of 'secured' but not really. make sense?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They could if they wanted to...BUT they don't want to, so the don't.

4. samitra

samitra Active Member

Me
    <<I don't think so because the Amex corp card is only guaranteed by the company you work for. So in a way it's kind of 'secured' but not really. make sense?>>

I guess it kind of makes sense. However, it is my company and not some one I work for that gave me a company card. So I (my company) have guaranteed the card and proved myself. And secured cards get reported also to CRA's.

But the other post said "They could if they wanted to...BUT they don't want to, so the don't."

Thank you all for you input.

sam

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

Sam, use your company credit to boost your individual credit. Amex is great for offering teaser rates to pay down other debt and in the process usually increase your limits.

www.creditsense.com

6. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Sam,

I was in the same boat as you not too long ago. In 1998, I applied through the company I work with for an Amex Corporate card. The application was processed by my credit standing, although it is in the company's name, if the company does not pay they come after me. Amex Corporate will not report to your personal report, but they do usually accept you when you apply for another card with them. I think that is one of the reasons I got Blue so easily since I have been with them prior to that. Even on my statement each month they have me down has being a customer since 1998 although I didn't get Blue until 1999. My advice may not help, but it's just a suggestion.

Dani