Can CA run my CR?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by wonder, Aug 14, 2003.

1. wonder

wonder Member

Can CA run my CR and view if I have applied mortgage or not?
    The reason I ask this question because I want to settle a charged off account with CA, but did not want them to know that I have applied for mortgage.
    Thanks!

2. jm10101

jm10101 Well-Known Member

If they are collecting an account that belongs to you, then yes, they are allowed the view your credit report.

You can learn about this and other permissible purposes that allow businesses to review your files n Section 604 of the FCRA.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Careful here that you don't give yourself the 7 year shaft?

4. MED

MED Member

Re: Re: Can CA run my CR?

Could you expand? I think you mean that by paying the CA, you re-age the account and it will be on your CR from 7 yrs from the last payment?

5. lbrown59

Can CA ruin my CR?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by lbrown59
    Careful here that you don't give yourself the 7 year shaft?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could you expand? I think you mean that by paying the CA, you re-age the account and it will be on your CR from 7 yrs from the last payment?
    MED |
    ==================
    NO: You pay a CA for a debt they could not have validated and the ding remains on your report for the whole 7 years because you paid for something you did not owe.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Can CA run my CR?

A derogatory item can be onl your report for a max of 7 years. Paying on a charged off acct or an acct sent to collection, does NOT restart or extend the time that the negative item can be reported.

7. lbrown59

A derogatory item can be on your report for a max of 7 years.
    1*Paying on a charged off acct or an acct sent to collection, does NOT restart or extend the time that the negative item can be reported.
    LKH
    ==================
    1*but it can cause it to be on your report longer than it needs to be if the way you go about paying it isn't done properly.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

People here have said that CA's buy lists of MORTGAGE CUSTOMERS for cross reference so they can "GET THEM" to pay at closing...IF YOU DON'T PAY AT CLOSING...YOU DON'T CLOSE (unless you can prove it is not yours)

9. lbrown59

People here have said that CA's buy lists of MORTGAGE CUSTOMERS reference so they can "GET THEM" to pay at closing...IF YOU DON'T PAY AT CLOSING...YOU DON'T CLOSE (unless you can prove it is not yours)
    GEORGE
    ================
    Lot's of people who don't owe pay it any way just to get the loan.
    IF this hain't a scam I don't know what is!

THE END ** *** ** LB 59