Can Ck'ing Acct be "Installment"?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 95207Chick, Aug 10, 2003.

1. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

Background: I had a checking account closed in October of 2002. The checking account was tied to a savings of $25. The default amount on the checking account was $38 for fees. So I owed them $13 once they applied my savings to it. I did pay that $13 about 30 days later after I got verification they closed the account. Someone had written me 2 bad checks which caused the account to go into negative but the bank never was able to get the original checks back to me.

Since that time I have spoken to their collections person because they reported in April on Equifax that I defaulted on an Installment Account.

XSH@TTYX Credit Union
    Individual Account
    Date Opened 7/2002
    DOLA N/A
    Installment-CHARGE OFF
    High Credit $38
    Balance $0
    Date Reported 4/2003
    Paid Charge Off
    Closed Account

I barely understand them placing it on ChexSystems but didn't agree with it being reported as an Installment account on my credit report. Their collection person would not send me anything in writing that she would delte it from Equifax but "said" that they would delete it on the next reporting. I pushed as hard as I could while trying to be nice.

I have disputed it with Equifax twice with no deletion as 'not mine' because I didn't have an installment account, yet it comes back verified.

Is there anything I can refer to in writing to the collections person I have been dealing with to pressure them to remove it? Is it okay to report a closed checking/savings account as "Installment"? I had no loans tied to it and I am really upset with being screwed for $13.00 when I am working so hard to clean up my credit.

Thanks!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have no installment account with XXXXX---->"NOT MINE"

3. 95207Chick

95207Chick Well-Known Member

So I should be really be pushing it as "Not Mine" because a checking account is not the same as an installment account?

I guess thats my main question.

I have disputed twice with no success as not mine and I can't figure out why the bank can verify it if it isn't an installment account.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO CONFIRM I HAVE AN INSTALLMENT ACCOUNT WITH XXXXXXX"

Who did you talk to
    At what phone number
    At what address
    What did they say
    Send me the written proof you say you have

Having my nane and address in a computer IS NOT PROOF OF AN ACCOUNT