Can Deleted Items Re-appear?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Om, Sep 1, 2001.

1. Om

Om Well-Known Member

I was told last night by somebody that used to work in collections for a major co. that once an item has been deleted from your credit report that it cannot be listed again at a later time. Is this true?

-Om

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, more than one of us have had reappearing items that were previously deleted. I believe the law says that, if they reinsert something, they have to notify you within 5 days of that event, however, I have never had them notify me. (Gasp, imagine that? LOL)

Someone confirm or correct me, please!

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wait, here it is "Requirements relating to reinsertion of perviously deleted material" is 15 U.S.C. 1681i: Procedure in case of disputed accuracy" and it states that the 1) information must be certified to be accurate by the person furnishing the information and 2) notice to consumer-If any information that has been deleted from a consumer's file pursuant to subparagraph (A) is reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than five business days after the reinsertion.."

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

====NO===

5. lbrown59

Hay Folks do you realize they got this assbackwards????
    The should have to notify us before not aftewards!!!

=====================================

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

They do everything that way...so for them it is forward!

7. lbrown59

I think it's way past time they were pointed in the right direction!====

8. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Yes they can come back. I had an account deleted from TU a couple of months ago. Got my report a couple of weeks ago and it was back! No, TU did not notify me. I found out while reviewing the updated report they sent from the most recent round of disputes.

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Me, too...luckily I had letters from the creditor to scream and yell. On hubby's, that's when I went to PFB and said "Lawsuit, lawsuit! I have proof you didn't verify, buttnuggets!"

Sigh...

10. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Did you actually call them buttnuggets? I would have LOVED to be there to see their faces if you did. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Yes, my friend, but only in my dreams..as real as it may seem, it was only in my dreams...:::breaking into a well-choreographed dance scene::::::

Why am I answering everything with music lyrics? LOL

Note: I just added buttnuggets to my spellchecker as a word..I'm serious now! :)