Can I request validation 2nd time?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by WranglerTJ, Sep 1, 2003.

1. WranglerTJ

WranglerTJ Well-Known Member

Seven months ago when I began this adventure, I like so many other newbies that get a little anxious, acted before understanding and failed to keep accurate records...or send CMRRR.

I recieved a CA letter back in March/April I believe. I responded immediately with a request for validation...not CMRRR. I remember recieving partial validation in response...this was for a utility (phone company). I lost the paperwork (d'oh) they sent along with my original letter and their original letter (double D'oh)

Well the CA ended up placing this account on my reports with the notation that the consumer disputes this account. I thought this was O.K. as long as it showed as disputed, until wekiva and LKH pointed me in the right direction in regards to the CASS opinion letter. specifically #'s 2 and 4, in this thread:

http://www.creditboards.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10488

now that I found this, I realized I screwed up. Is there any recourse to re-request validation ? I can't just ITS them for this as I have lost my papertrail.

I do have all my reports from January til now...showing this account was not on my report until May... would this be of any help to show it was never on my reports prior to requesting validation?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

I do have all my reports from January til now...showing this account was not on my report until May... would this be of any help to show it was never on my reports prior to requesting validation?

0_0_0_0
    /l ,[____],
    l---L --OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

===================
    Yes it could be.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

3. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

What would be the point? Why are you "re-requesting" validation? You know the account is yours. You played the game and you lost when they stuck the account on your report. Now you want to stoke the fires even more?

4. lbrown59

What would be the point?
    SoParkDiva
    ================
    Point is
    0_0_0_0
    /l ,[____],
    l---L --OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

never received proper validation.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

5. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Can I request validation 2nd time?

The OP said he/she "lost" the paperwork. It seems to me he/she received validation. Whether it was proper or not is now lost along with the paperwork. The CA did their job by providing the paperwork that is now lost. Who's to blame for that?

6. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Can I request validation 2nd time?

The OP said he/she "lost" the paperwork.
    1*It seems to me he/she received validation.
    2*Whether it was proper or not is now lost along with the paperwork.
    3**The CA did their job by providing the paperwork that is now lost.
    4*Who's to blame for that?
    SoParkDiva
    ================
    1*Wrong he didn't receive validation.
    3*No! They didn't do their job because the paperwork they sent was not validation!
    4*Wrangler is to blame for loosing the paper work but you can't blame him for loosing the validation because he never did have it to loose.

I haven't seen anything in the FDCPA stating that one forfeits their right to validation if you loose the paper work have you?

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

7. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I request validation 2nd time?

How do you know it was not validation? Did you see it?

8. WranglerTJ

WranglerTJ Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can I request validation 2nd time?

Thanks for the response lbrown. I'll probably just start over on this CA with a validation request.

And as for Mrs. Negative...I stated in my first post..."partial validation"...a printout from the CA stating $X was owed to OC does not constitute validation... whether I lost it or not is irrelevant.

Diva, After the advice I have seen you give other posters...believe me, I definately will choose not to listen to yours. Thanks but no thanks... Whether you think it "is not the advice I want to hear", Or if you think your right or wrong, or I choose not to listen... You can respond as you will, but I consider this thread closed.