Can I use my credit card .....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kenneth, Sep 30, 2000.

1. Kenneth

Kenneth Guest

Is it possible to take the remaining credit balance on my credit card and put it in my Ameritrade account to purchase stocks? Would this be ok as long as i'm paying my monthly fee? Is it possible to do ?

Kenny

2. Kenneth

Kenneth Guest

RE: Can I use my credit card .

I'm his g/f (Jen) from the previous post. This is the perfect place to settle this bet. I say he can't and he says he can do what he mentioned in the above post!

Jen

3. Jo

Jo Guest

LOL...you guys are funny. You *may* be able to...a few ways:

1) if Ameritrade accepts CCs, yes, you can
    2) you can take a cash advance on your card, and mail it in (you'll pay a pretty penny to do that)
    3) you can open a PayPal account (if you don't already have one) and send the money to another account with a slight name variation, then transfer that money via ACH into your Ameritrade account

Hope this helps!

4. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Of course, you CAN do this, but do you want to? Unless your credit card has a very low APR or you are absolutely sure that the stokc you intend to purchase is going to take off, you are likely to lose money using a credit card advance to pay for stock, especially if you intend to make only the minimum payment each month on the card.