can IC systems be sued?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tboy74, Oct 1, 2003.

1. tboy74

tboy74 Well-Known Member

When I spoked with IC systems last week, they told me on the phone that they did not bother their clients when I asked her if they would check with the OC to verify the debt was still outstanding.

As they ARE required by law to validate, was this a violation? and if so, should I let it go?

thanks
    toby

2. trish6103

trish6103 Well-Known Member

I can imagine this conversation.

You: Hey, mr nice friendly ca guy, would you mind calling up that oc and just checking on that account for me, if you dont mind?

HIm: NO, we are not gonna waste their time.

You: OK, sure thing, and by the way, can I come wash your car for you, maybe fold your laundry....

PLEASE read the threads at the top of the page. Rule #1, NEVER NEVER NEVER talk to CA on the phone.

I am a newbie but I can answer this for you. Read the threads, learn what your rights are, utilize the rights you have been given.

3. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

And SLOW DOWN!!!

lol

4. tboy74

tboy74 Well-Known Member

I already forced them to remove this from my credit report last week. I sent them a validation letter and reported the nastyness of their operator to therbetter buinsess bureau. within hours of receiving my FED EX with my letter requesting validation, the sent me a letter saying they were discontinuing all collections on this account and would remove the TL from all crediot reprts (which they did).

I'm just pissed they have been wrecking my credit scores for this ling with somethign that wasn't valid and am also pissed about how they terated me, give this was THEIR mistake!

that's why i was wondering if i could sue them ....

tboy

5. tboy74

tboy74 Well-Known Member

I already forced them to remove this from my credit report last week. I sent them a validation letter and reported the nastyness of their operator to therbetter buinsess bureau. within hours of receiving my FED EX with my letter requesting validation, the sent me a letter saying they were discontinuing all collections on this account and would remove the TL from all crediot reprts (which they did).

I'm just pissed they have been wrecking my credit scores for this ling with somethign that wasn't valid and am also pissed about how they terated me, give this was THEIR mistake!

that's why i was wondering if i could sue them ....

tboy

6. ontrack

ontrack Well-Known Member

If the account was not yours, or it was already paid when they attempted to collect from you, maybe statutory damages for no permissible purpose for their inquiry. If they are agent for OC, as opposed to having purchased the account, include OC as responsible for damages caused by their agent. In fact if account is already paid, include seller of account after payment for fraud.