can orchard bank do this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Jan 13, 2001.

1. peeper

peeper Guest

10 days after my online check bounced orchard bank resubmitted the same check and it bounced again causing me to be charged another 25.00 nsf charge.How many times can they do this?Can my bank keep charging me 25.00 every time orchard bank submits this same check?I am on ssa and must wait till the 24th of jan before i get my ssa check!!Will orchard bank now charge my credit card with to returned check fees?This seems totally unfair.By the time i get my ssa they might resubmit this same check again!!!!

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yes, Orchard bank can do this. I assume they will assess your account a nsf fee. I don't have an Orchard account but the fee amount should be stated in your terms. I would call them asap and work out an agreement for payment

Kelly

3. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Usually, most companies will run a returned check back through a second time, hoping that the money will be there the second time. Usually you only get the NSF charge if it is returned the second time, but the bank will still charge you the fee twice. I don't think that any company can run a check through more than twice.

4. mt

mt Guest

I hate to admit this, but once I check that I had written did not go through as planned, it tried twice, no go. Then over 1 year later the merchant tried again. Of course, I called my bank and the bank removed the charge because of some 6 mo/1 yr rule. I have since paid the merchant.

5. RoRO

RoRO Guest

Be aware...orchard charges $25 NSF charge and if that puts you over your limit, you will also be charged $25 over limit and possible late fee. I know you are on a limited income and this could balloon into a bad situation for you maintaining your card.

6. john

john Well-Known Member

Just about every bank around will stamp on the check"DO NOT DEPOSIT AGAIN" after the second time. However be prepared for Orchard to close your account after they get the check back the second time.

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

You're right, banks usually do not send through a check more than twice. However, if Peeper has been a good customer and takes care of this situation properly, I highly doubt Orchard will close the account.