can someone help figure this o

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Oct 6, 2000.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I obtained my equifax cr several weeks ago and there was a promotional inquiry from Associates National Bank on it. This week I received an offer for an Associates gold card. The problem is it was addressed to my dad at my address. He has never lived here and has been at his current address for 33 years. He co-signed on a student loan for me earlier this year. There is no inquiry on his report from Associates.
    I called Assoc. and they claim to have no record of sending an offer to either of us.
    The offer is definitely not of a prime card with an interest rate of 24%. I'm sure it was intended for me but what happened with the names? anyone?

2. scott

scott Guest

RE: can someone help figure th

His name was attached as borrower with you're address when associates gave you the loan would be my guess. It would seem that only associates will have this problem, but you should call and check with them. When you go to talk to them, have you account number from the student loan with you. This will help them trouble shoot the problem, since it obviously is them. If you have any problems beyond this you should contact the attorney general office. I think Arizona has somewhat strick consumer credit laws.

As a side note, can any one tell me about promotional inquires of credit. Can companys do this without youre knowledge?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: can someone help figure th

Scott,
    The loan I got was not from Associates, it is from Wells Fargo. I thing the problem lies with the credit bureau.
    As far as promotional inquiries go, from what I understand, they didn't get your credit report, they obtained a list from the credit bureau of people that fit a certain profile. All they got was your name and address.