Can the Creditor do this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Top, Jan 26, 2001.

1. Top

Top Guest

Hi all,

I applied online with Bank First and I forgot to read about the fee. After I clicked the submit button I found out there is the fee (I can't recall how much) So I suddenly called Bank first and cancel my application right away.

I just pulled my credit report and found out that there is Bank First on my credit report with 30 days late.

My question : Even I canceled the application right away, Can the creditor report account # including late payment??

Is it possible to ask Bank first to remove all the information from my credit report??

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

After you cancelled this, did you receive a bill?? and if so, did you not pay the bill b/c you had cancelled your account?? Sorry I don't understand how they reported you for being 30 days late, unless they never cancelled your account and sent you a monthly bill and you didn't pay it? How does your account read, closed? And did you receive notification that your account was closed?

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Some wacky banks charge a cancellation fee too.

Better pay all those fees, and close the account.

It is your responsibility to read the terms of agreement, and when you agree to them online or offline, you are committing yourself.

Be responsible for your actions.

It may cost you $$ for not taking the extra step to ask (here) or (the bank) or read the paper work carefully.

do not ignore the problem, it will get worse.

4. Top

Top Guest

Hi,

I haven't even received the Card or any statement from them. Not even single letter. When I called to cacel, they just said "Ok account closed and we will cancel your application".

5. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Top,
    I had the same situation with the Aria branch of Providian. I noticed the fees on the first statement even before I activated the card, so I called their customer service and had the account closed and all the fees waived.

But this process took over two months. I checked my credit report and it said I was 90+ deliquent. I called back to the bank and demanded that they remove every evistence from my CR.

Then I disputed it with Equifax, who removed it last week.

If you did not use the card or activate it, then you are not responsible for the fees, if you closed the account prior to acceptance.

Reshod

Top wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Hi,

I haven't even received the Card or any statement from them. Not even single letter. When I called to cacel, they just said "Ok account closed and we will cancel your application".

6. Top

Top Guest

Hi,

Thanks you so much. I will call Bank First again asking them to remove my info.

Thank you so much.

7. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Make sure you put it in writing, when we dispute it to the Credit Agency also.

Reshod

Good Luck

8. Laura

Laura Guest

Do you have the website to Bank First??

9. Top

Top Guest

Sure will do. Thanks a lot.

10. Top

Top Guest

RE: Top

I think it's Action Card from Bank First.

https://www.actionbankcard.com/platinum/default.asp