Can you get a Credit Card if y

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ryan, Aug 4, 2000.

1. Ryan

Ryan Guest

I would like to know if i can get a credit card if i'm under 18 even though i have a job? Does anyone think i would be considered by anyone?

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Can you get a Credit Card

Capital One offers credit cards to high school students. Go to capitalone.com and read about it. Since a credit card agreement is a contract that cannot be enforced against a minor, you will have to have a parent cosign for this card.

Option B, wait until you're 18 when you can establish credit in your own name. By reading the postings here you can learn alot about which companies are good and which to avoid. Also, see epinions.com which carries numerous credit card company reviews arranged in alphabetical order.

3. jeff

jeff Guest

you can also get a purchising card with a visa logo on it through cobaltcard.com you just give them info from your bank savings acc or otherwise and you can place as much money on the card as you want and you can be any age to get one check out the site

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I've gotten purchasing cards for my grandkids, and they are great. They work for online purchases and just about anything else. They also send you a detailed statement, showing you where all your money has gone.