CAN YOU LOOSE YOUR HOUSE?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kathy, May 14, 2000.

1. kathy

kathy Guest

CAN YOU LOOSE YOUR HOUSE OVER NOT PAIDING ALL THE CREIT CARDS . iT S NOT LIKE i DON,T WANT TO PAY . i DON,T HAVE THE MONEY. MY OTHER HALF USE MY CREIT CARDS AND NOW HE CAN.T PAY . AND THE BAD PART IS HE S NOT ON HALF OF THE CREIT CARDS. IT IN MY NAME . WHAT AM to do? and also on the loans that he talk me into . kathy never again

2. J. Edgar

J. Edgar Well-Known Member

You can not be thrown out of your house or have it taken away from you for not paying on your credit cards. That will only happen if you do not pay your mortgage or property taxes.

What will happen is that the creditors can obtain a lien against your house, which you must satisfy before you would be able to sell the house. This could be done at closing out of proceeds of the sale though (in some states).

In most cases though, the creditor will send the account to collections and eventually charge it off. If it's alot of money, they may obtain a judgement against you, which they then could use to put a lien on your house.

I would suggest that you try contacting your creditors and explaining the situation to them and trying to work out an arrangement with them. That would be better than simply not paying and having them assume the worst.

3. kathy

kathy Guest

thank you for writing back . like I said I didn,t know what to do . all I could think is to put my son ,s name on my the morgage .
    but I still was thinking of doing that because of my boyfriend. its not a good relation . and he dose not like my kids.
    He but me thew so much . before he came along my creit very good .and I was doing everthing on my own with 2 kids . we when out and got a tractor trailer and he was to get me use to it. but know now he will not ever let me driver it . but I,m the one that sign for this truck. well thank you for the information . it has been helpful kathy