Can you still get a Providian?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by David, Sep 13, 2000.

1. David

David Well-Known Member

Or is Aria the only option from this bank?

I think the red and yellow Aria is hideous, and would rather be seen with a "Classic" color Providian card. I'm building credit from scratch (9 months now!) and Providian will soon be out the window, unless a large credit increase comes (opened 2/2000 at $500, at $1200 now).

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Can you still get a Provid

I think you can still only get 1 card from providian at a time. The aria card is from providian so they will not approve a card until the aria account it closed.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a one card limit. I have a Providian Visa and was solicited for a
    mastercard. The offer was preapproved and acknowledged that I was already an account holder.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I applied for a aria card and classic at the same time. I did not know they were the same bank. I was told by the rep that my classic card would be denied if I had the aria. I cancelled the aria and the classic was approved. That is what Providian told me in April.

5. FISH

FISH Guest

You can not have two VISA cards with them, whether it is Providian or ARIA as they are the same. You can get a Master Card and a VISA if they review your history and send you a pre-approved offer for the Master Card.
    That is direct from a credit supervisor at Providian, as I called them the other day.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying that.

7. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

My daughter first received the Providian Gold Visa with a $750 limit. About a month later, she applied for and was approved for an Aria Visa with a $500 limit. So far, she's not encountered any problems having both.

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

No, providian only allows you one card, I hav an aria got a pre approval for a MC, then they took it back, long story but anyway you can only have one account with them according to them

9. stormie

stormie Guest

Thats true Doris, my son has both cards as well. And I also know a few people who have two of their cards. So while they may state that, it isn't written in stone. Incidentally both his cards as visas. And he's had them for quite sometime without any problems. Perhaps the reason being he had the first account with them for almost two years first before applying for the second ? Who really knows for sure.

10. LadyCarr

LadyCarr Guest

You can have to of the same cards with Providian, but it's by invitation only. You can't apply for them on your own and be approved for 2 cards. My husband has Aria (Aug 99) and Providian Visa Gold (Aug 00). I also have Providian Visa Classic (Sept 98) and Visa Gold (Aug 00), and 3 days after my gold card arrived, I got the Mastercard offer, but it was declined since I already had the maximum of 2 cards with them.

FISH wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You can not have two VISA cards with them, whether it is Providian or ARIA as they are the same. You can get a Master Card and a VISA if they review your history and send you a pre-approved offer for the Master Card.
    That is direct from a credit supervisor at Providian, as I called them the other day.