CANADIAN CARDS ???? !!! !! !

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Phaki Sahn, Jun 17, 2000.

1. Phaki Sahn

Phaki Sahn Guest

COULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHERE TO GET A CANADIANS APPROVED CREDIT CARD, all the ones i asw ( ecard, futur card, next card..by the way crappy names) are for US only.

2. michael d

michael d Guest

RE: CANADIAN CARDS ???? !!! !!

If you want a Canadian Dollar Card issued from a Canadian Bank try going into the bank of Montreal or National Bank both will issue a secured card at the branch level. In otherwords your branch will open the savings account and secure the card, as they are responsible. you might have to go to a few branches to find one that knows about this.

If you want a U.S. Dollar Card get a tax payer I.D. number from the I.R.S. (www.irs.gov, go to forms) Once you have this then you can easily apply for a AMEX, United National, or Chase secured card, Incude a copy of the Tax ID Number Card with your application. You will need a U.S. Address (use friend or family or a mail box etc.)

3. Jon

Jon Guest

When I try applying online with the ITIN# from IRS it says invalid SS#. Do I need to fax them a copy? I couldnt even open an online checking account which doesnt need good credit just checks and makes sure you are not in telecheck or chexsystems.

4. Michael D.

Michael D. Guest

And the ITIN Will not work as a Social Security Number as it is not in the SS# data base that all banks use to verify the SS#.

However it can be used in person at a bank, or with a photocopy sent with your application to Chase, B of A, United National, and Amex.