Canadian debt

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kbadeaux, May 4, 2001.

  1. kbadeaux

    kbadeaux Member

    I'm a permanent resident of the US with an oustanding balance on a old Canadian Credit Card.

    If for some reason I'm unable to continue to pay the card off, can they sue me in the American courts.

    I guess I'm asking two questions--Can my Canadian credit problems cause me problems in the States? My old debt was under my maiden name.
  2. CYA

    CYA Well-Known Member

    I don't know about the legality of it, but they can sure put it on your credit report.

    I know of a few rare cases where money was owed to a European Utility in Europe who manage to report on somebodies credit report.

Share This Page