canceled Junum today...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

They are still, as of 6/29/01, disputing positive tradelines, and I am just tired of it. I called Trans Union to get my score, and was told I have to wait until the current round of disputes is over. (I guess the website isnt up to date, because it isnt showing any recent disputes.) The rep told me there are two disputes in process, and get this, she says "do you mind if I ask why you are disputing old, positive accounts? They arent hurting you, you know."

I tell her I am having problems with a family members accounts appearing on my credit report, and since I am disputing with all 3 Bureaus, could she refresh me as to what is disputed, since I may have put Equifax's letter in the wrong envelope. She tells me that currently there are 6 things being disputed. They are all positive. I told her to disregard the disputes, as I mixed Trans Union up with Equifax. She says no problem, happens a lot.

I called Junum, who assured me this was a one time error and the problem was fixed. I told them this happened twice before, and supposedly it was fixed then too. She tells me that I can have a free months membership. I sad no thanks. To top it off, none of these things are listed on the site as being negatives. The Junum rep also said that they would contact TU if anything was deleted. I think that would look pretty odd, so I canceled. Im not sorry, I have only had one deletion, and it was one I was working on for a long time with the creditor. I was getting too nervous over what Junum was doing, and apparently, I had reason to. Buh Bye Junum!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Marypc,

Apparently, I left Junum just in time (May).

You should get an award for fast thinking!

Jim

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Did they give you a valid reason for this other than "it was an error"? This is ridiculous! That's why I am one who believes in doing it yourself. With a bit of reasearch you can dispute your own negatives just as good as any fee service and probably more accurate.

Regards,
    Alex

---------------------
    Free Credit Repair Info!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Nope, they just keep saying "this is an error in our processing area, and it has been fixed." I reminded them that this happened last month, and it was supposed to have been fixed then, but she just said that was what she had been told.

Jim, I know, I am a dope for having waited two months. Wish I was a fast thinker, I would have gotten out as soon as I saw the first mistake ! :)

5. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Mary, I'm not pretending to speak for Jim, but I think I saw it the same way he did. You were a fast thinker indeed to come up with that "I switched my letters" explanation. I don't know if I could have thought so quickly on my feet like that. Good going. And congratulations for quitting Junum while your positive notations were still intact.

Randy