Canceling cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by matty61184, Oct 9, 2001.

1. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Kustom, I have noticed that also. I think it is wrong that laws are established that way, but then again, when you think of it, look at all the irresponsible teenagers who could go out and run up thousands of dollars in debt. I just wish they would allow you to apply for the "prime" cards with the simple permission from your parents and their guarantee they will pay the debt if you don't. That way, you could have an "individual" account. My birthdate is off 2 years on my report. I guess that's kinda bad for me to do what I did with Chase and BofA. I think I'll just dispute my birthdate once I turn 18. I talked to someone else who did this and said that Providian (company he got credit from underage) didn't even care because he always made the payments on time. I'm not like some of those other stupid kids. I would NEVER go out and charge up to the $8500 line I have on the Chase card. I would probably charge $500 tops. It is there to help my ratios, and it's great to have prime status at 17. By the way guys, I did take your advice on Bank of America also. I got the Gold Cashback card from them, with the same credit line and a 2% lower APR. Thanks for al your advice, it's been great getting all the helpful advice.