Cancelled Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Sep 5, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Well it has been a good run, and I am retiring a satisfied Junum customer (hopefully forever).

Results:

Started: March 21 2001
    EQ:13 derogs
    EX:4 derogs
    TU:12 derogs

Today:
    EQ 5 derogs
    EX:1 derogs
    TU:0 derogs

Reason for canceling:Ex and EQ verified some of the remaining negative items and I can dispute the rest online cheaper. Now that Junum has gotten me some good cards and I have time to do the rest on my own.

Summary:I would recommend Junum to someone with the caveat that there are some who have not had as good success (even negative success) and that they should give it 6 months (or whatever they originally committed to) stick it out and re-evaluate their situation.

I attribute Junum's deletions mostly to the age of the derogs, and the fact that many were duplicates/wrong account info as well. Junum tends to have better success with older items (observation only).

Hopefully this information will help. I know there are those (like me) who just like to evaluate all the information, so catalog it or delete it, but this will be my last Junum "update" post.

-Peace, Dave

2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Well congratulations. You may now place the tassel on the other side of your cap. You are now the Graduate of 2001. (clap....clap....clap....whistle.....whistle.....cheer......whooo hooo.......)

I am going to stick with them one more month. then I will probably terminate them also. Besides, I'm still in prime HELL!!

Good Luck.

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That is a great improvement Dave. Junum got me a lot of deletions but they also cost me 4 positive accounts. The last time I counted, I had 21 deletions courtesy of Junum, not including the positives. My advice for anyone using Junum, again, when you send them your reports, you need to cross out any accounts you don't want them disputing.
    I have actually gotten several more deletions on my own since quitting Junum. I now have as follows:

TU - 3 public records
    Equifax - 1 negative account that should be off any day and 2 1995 pd. collections
    Experian - a ton and am suing them. They just refuse to remove duplicates, derogs, and any unverifiable info. I also just realized that 2 collections that were previously deleted were readded sometime between May and July. Guess what? They didn't notify me. Go figure.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My advice for anyone considering Junum is:

1. White out any info that you DO NOT want touched (I lost my Macy's trade on TU and that sucked).

2. Only stick with them for however long it takes for them to dispute each negative at least twice and then cancel.

I was a satisfied customer of Junum overall.

5. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again... I don't think it is Junum's fault that positive tradelines get removed/deleted. It's either the CB's intentionally messing with those who question ANYTHING on their reports or is gross negligence or a combination of both.

I've never used Junum or Lex or any other such service.

I have had:
    TU delete 1 positive account
    Equifax deleted 3
    Experian deleted 2

What is interesting is that ALL of the deleted accounts were valuable Installment Loans such as Mortgage and Auto Loans.

I never mentioned a dispute/request for investigation for any of these accounts that were deleted.

On ONE I asked a QUESTION about what a STATUS indicated (status for paid installment/never late showed unrated).

TU also investigated and sent results for an account I never questioned or disputed. It's really comical because that account was a Discover card I received, didn't like the terms, and cancelled immediately. Card was opened and closed the same month and never used.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks Mom LKH MP Mist...

Good points, I agree, I was whiting out the items I did not want Junum to see and possibly send dispute letters for, at the end, but I also agree with Mist that I think TU deleted things Junum did NOT dispute and these were positive items. In fact I am 100% sure because they deleted positive items that Junum could NOT have disputed, since I started whited them out before TU deleted 1 or 2 them.

Anyway, thanks again for the kind words and the added suggestions for those who are considering Junum. Mom I hope in the next month it all gets deleted! The last month for me was by far the best as far as deletions.

-Peace, Dave

7. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Since this seems to have become (at least partially) a scorekeeping thread, I'll post my early results:

Just before I discovered this board, I sent a broadcast, very simple dispute to the CRAâ??s. Basically, I listed all the lates, charge offâ??s, collections, etc. that were listed on each CR (although I did miss a few the first time through), and one by one, said â??Yuh, Uh, Prove It!â? A little over half said â??Yuh, Huh!â?, and the rest either deleted the negative portion of the account information, or did not respond at all, in which case the entire trade line was deleted. For the record the breakdown was as follows:

My CRâ??s: EQ: 1 Delete, 3 Changed to R1, 6 verified; EX: 2 Deletes, 3 Changed to R1, 6 Verified; TU: 7 Deletes, 5 Verified

My Wifeâ??s CRâ??s: EQ: 7 Deletes, 4 Verified, 1 (Citi MC) says: â??Dispute- Resolution Pendingâ? (Methinks their 30 days are up); EX: 1 Delete, 3 Changed to R1, 6 Verified; TU: 7 Deletes, 1 Changed to R1, 7 Verified

Totals: 25 Deletes, 10 Changed to R1, 35 Verified, 1 â??Dispute- Resolution Pendingâ?

Not too bad for the price of six stamps (yeah, I know- I didn't even send it registered).

I have two small collection accounts that have since received Validation letters (still less than 30 days). For all the accounts that were 'verifed', I asked each of the CRA's to provide me procedures, who what, where, etc. I received form letters from EX and TU within 15 days that basically said nothing. No response at all from EQ.

Any suggestions on how to proceed on the 'verified' accounts (and particularly the form letters in reponse) would be much appreciated.

I have not yet used any services, but I suspect as I finish plucking all the low hanging fruit, I'll want to employ Junum, Bill Bauer, or something to get those last few stubborn stains out.