Cancelling a card in Process

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I'd applied for a card and wanted to cancel it before it is issued.
    I'd applied for 1st USA Smart Card. My application is currently under
    consideration. I told them I wanted to cancel my application but k
    they say they can't. Has anyone heard of such a thing. Why
    won't they let me cancel my application before I am issued a
    card I don't want?

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Cancelling a card in Proce

Jim,
    I applied for First USA smart card and I got approved. I didn't had the situation like this. I think First USA application approval system is fully automated and the approval system is tough to approve anyone even with good credit history. They still turn you down with some reasons.
    May I ask why you cancelled the application?

Ron.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I got approved by a number of other cards at the same time and now I figure I have far too many cards

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Jim,
    I had too many cards and I'm thinking to cancel one of less useful in my wallet. By the way, I have First USA smart card and I didn't find any useful except I used it to buy mail order and buy grocery.

Ron.

5. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

Just did a search and found Jim's post.
    I'm in the same situation - too many cards - had second thoughts about Fusa after i applied - but First USA refuses to cancel application - it's still being reviewed.
    Does anybody know if it's legal for a cc company to refuse to cancel an application?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUST WAIT IT OUT...

If you get a credit limit better than a "GARBAGE" card...keep FIRST USA and dump the "GARBAGE"...

...not that I like FIRST USA since the "JACKED" my interest rate for NO reason to 22.49%...

You can use it a couple of times every other month and put in the SOCK DRAWER...

If you get $500 and that is NOT acceptable...tell them you REFUSE THE ACCOUNT!!!

I even DISPUTED OFF an account that was REFUSED...(no longer on credit report).

7. Mark LA

Mark LA Well-Known Member

GEORGE!

Thought of that - the problem is I requested a bt when i filled out the online application (they offered a lower rate for the first 6 months if you bt)
    Fusa CS told me that when your card is approved - the bt automatically starts to be processed - even BEFORE you receive the damn card.
    any suggestions?

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BT it back if you really don't want the card...(and close it). USUALLY if you request like $10,000 and they give you $7,000 they WON'T DO A $7,000 BT...THEY WILL DO NOTHING!!!