Cant activate card.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Jun 15, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

My wife who basically only had a small cap one and a very recent citi aadvantage got a preapproval for a att universal card. When it came I thought what the heck its just another inquiry on her report so we responded. Today the card came. 11k limit 1k for cash. !.9 bt up to 3499. 0.9 over 3500. 13.49 on purchases. Anyway the wife calls the number on the card to activate it and the rep says they have no record of the card being issued and that the only card showing under her ss # is the aadvantage card. The rep then hung up on her. Ater calling back she finally talked to a supervisor who told her that she got the cards before the account was set up on the computer and she should call back in 3-5 to try again to activate. any body else have something like this happen?

2. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

The same thing happened to me when i got my card from at&t universal.I called to do a balance transfer,and they didn't have my account number on their computer yet.They told me that the card is new therefore isn't showing up with them yet.They told me to call back in a week,and everthing should be alright.Don't worry about this it will be setup within a week.I called back in a week,and they did my balance transfer,at&t is alright.

3. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info I guess were ok.