Can't check status with Equifax

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 29, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

About 2 weeks ago I mailed in a dispute regarding the lates wiht hubby's 95 collection, last week I disputed online for the acount being opened/unpaid, it is paid now and I have been checking the status daily and always got the estimated completion time. Well today I tried to check and it won't let me, just states I can't start an online investigation and to call them if I want to. I have no idea what is going on, friday I could check status, now today I can't?? ANybody else have this happen to them??

Mom

2. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I can't help you mom, I haven't disputed anything online or checked about current disputes while online... but I did want to say I hope you have good luck with it. I know it's been a royal pain in the rear.

I didn't want to see your post sit with no reponses!

judy

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I don't know either, Mom, but, if you call tomorrow, please let us know! I'm very interested.

:::::::::::::waving at Mom::::::::::::::::

And, let me know about your house!

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks, actually when I call them they refuse to talk with me b/c I am not my husband and he is either sleeping or working.

I will keep you posted on mortgage Nana, nothing yet:(

Mom

5. Matt

Matt Active Member

I always have troule getting or seeing my online disputes. Had to call once, and I guess it was in dispute still, but they jsut could not show it on the websirte. why I dont know

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I NEVER WILL BE ABLE TO...

7. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

I HATE THAT! Somehow we got a card with me as the AU and hubby as the primary and they won't talk to me at all. DH finally got some guy on the phone and said "look, I don't do the money, she does, I don't know anything, she does it all, TALK TO HER!"

idiots.

judy

8. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got it too

I checked yesterday and I got that message and then I just checked now and got it too. I thought it was just me.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY WIFE DOES THE SAME THING...says my husband has ALL the answers...TALK TO HIM!!!

Besides after talking on the phone at work for 8+ hours would you want to talk to anybody???

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Mom,

The way to check what's going on with the account is to use the confirmation number you got from the representative or online source *after* you started the investigation.

If you use that confirmation number - and not the one you used to start the dispute - you will see a new report. If you use the confirmation number used to start the in vestigation, it won't give you access until the investigation is complete.

If the account is still being investigated or deleted, you won't see it on the report. If the account was verified, it will show up on the report.

Marci

11. the other

the other Well-Known Member

When I use the confirmation number given after I started the dispute, I can't get it to show anything either.

12. molly

molly Well-Known Member

did anyone try today yet?

I am at school and don't like to do that stuff here.

13. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Re: did anyone try today yet?

Nevermind I cheked it's working, I have until the 25th of May.

14. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Speaking of which....

I realize that we should be spreading our disputes to CRAs over a long period of time, however, has anyone had success mixing their disputes over several mediums (i.e. online, telephone, written)? Would that help condense the time? What do you think?