Can't get online EX report anymore!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, May 30, 2001.

1. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

I can no longer get my credit report online at Experian.com. Has anyone else had this happen to them? I never had trouble before, but they block every attempt I have made over the last few days. The only way I can seem to get it is via mail. Anybody know why they do this?

I called them today, and they said (get ready) that they had no support for online users; nobody to talk to. Should I call back and get someone higher up? I welcome all feedback.

The message on the webpage I get to is:
    "We're sorry. We are unable to process your request online. We understand that the privacy and security of your information is important to you; therefore we cannot provide a specific reason as to why we cannot deliver your report online. Our registration process is designed to ensure that your online personal credit report is released only to you. If you entered your credit card information, we did not charge you."

Talk about deliberately evasive!!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU DIDN'T ANSWER ONE OR MORE QUESTIONS CORRECTLY...

So the computer thinks...

3. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

No, no. That cannot be it. I have tried this 5 days in a row. All I am entering is my personal data. I don't even get to the challenge questions. I cannot have entered that data wrong 5 times in a row.

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm getting the same thing...what's your disputing history? I'm with junum, are you?

And, no, I'm only entering in my personal data, too

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got mine on the 28th. Not using any kind of repair service.

breeze

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

A couple months back, I had no difficulty accessing my Experian report online. However, for the last couple weeks, I'm getting the same message as you, Jeff. But I do make it to the challenge questions. After that, though, that infamous message appears on the screen and Experian won't allow my report to be generated online.

This situation sure is frstrating! Being able to read my reports online was so handy.

NanaC, like you, I have been disputing and I suspect that accounts for the online access denial.

Donna

7. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Yep--I too am using Junum and doing some of my own "scrubbing" of my reports. What I fail to see is why that has made me a security risk. More importantly--why is there no pathway at Experian for even discussing the issue? Its like I was shut down cold-very frustrating.

8. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

This online credit reporting and scoring thing is so new. I think that the CRAs will use any excuse that they can find to give you in this situation. I have the same problem with EQUIFAX scorepower. They will not let me access my fico on line at all. I have complained so nicely to everyone that I have spoken to. They keep referring me to the fraud dept. Every time I speak with them they tell me there is no fraud alert on my file. They will not give me a straight answer to why I cannot recieve my report or scorepower online. I think that some of us may have been flagged for some reason or another. Or possiblly it is just their incompetence to do anything right.

9. cosjef

cosjef Well-Known Member

Hmm--I wonder if there is any legal grounds for going after them for wrongly witholding information?

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I asked junum about this and they said that the extra security, in my case, at least, was likely because of all the accounts that were in error (as in ex-troll's wife) and that it would protect me..and if I could just send in the required info..what is it...proof of being me..

I wonder if they are the same with people trying to ENTER information on my record.

Cos..why don't you call junum and see what info you get..try Silvia!

11. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I have the same problem with Equifax. It must be because I challenged them on some entries. Now, every time I want it, I have to send in the same info.

I guess its their way of saying we should not challenge them.

12. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

I cannot receive my report online anymore either. I assumed it was because I moved. I figured once I ordered it by mail with verification of new address I should be able to get them online again. We'll see

13. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Why does Equifax require me to prove my identity every time I order my report? Won't let me do it online. Must send everything by mail. It seems once would be enough. This adds a couple weeks to the process of disputing items.

They said my account has a safety warning on file but were unable (or unwilling) to tell me what that meant. Does anyone know what that means?

14. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Kelly..are you working by yourself or with junum/lex?

15. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Lexington

16. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I have no problem getting my EQ&EX files online but TU will only send the report snail mail.Go figure?

17. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

So, am I seeing a pattern here that this is happening to Lex and Junum customers?

18. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

I've been locked out of getting my Experian report online as well. The only reason I was even trying to get it online is because Experian doesn't send a full report when they finish with the verification process.

Has anyone had any luck calling their customer service and asking them to send a full copy of your report after receiving the so-called update report?

I just finished round 2 of disputing and I think it sucks that they'd block online access just because someone is legally disputing inaccurate or possibly unverifible information.

I'm heading over to the BBB site now to lodge a complaint against Experian. Hope others will consider doing the same.

19. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I was able to get mine up until today. Now I get a message to call an 800 number. I did abuse the free report though. I looked at it about every day to see if changes had been made yet. That is probably the reason for mine.

20. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, I'm assuming from the latest entries that it does not apply to just lex/junum customers..that this is happening to others, as well.

It would be nice to know..so if you could add that when you say its happening to you...that would be much appreciated.