Can't get online EX report anymore!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cosjef, May 30, 2001.

1. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I have not used any credit repair agency at all and I cannot get my Equifax report online or through the mail. They have cut me off completely saying they have no record of me (the last report I pulled from them shows credit going back 30 years).

The only thing I did was to dispute items which were removed (except one).

I have sent them proof of my identity and still nothing. Nothing has changed (address, phone, etc) since the last time I pulled a report from them.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Can't get online EX report anym

I doubt it. A few weeks ago I got the same message you did, and was able to once again view my online report a week later.

Saar

3. brad

brad Well-Known Member

I just wanted to point out that with ordering a report online ,you can access that report for 30 days,but it will not be updated in the interium.You are going to get the same report that you got from day one.

4. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I have checked my Experian online more than a few times a month. I have seen it change more than once a month, especially by adding new inquiries.

5. Kat

Kat Well-Known Member

I am not working with anyone and I can't get Trans Union or Experian online. No problem with Equifax though. I have challenged a few items each month and now I seem to be locked out. It almost makes me feel like the reason is because I challenged.

6. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

In my post just a couple above this I meant to say that I was doing my own disputes so other's would know it's not just lexaton and junum. I also did file a consumer complaint with the online BBB. Don't know what will come of it though or how long before/if I'll get a response. Hope others are doing the same.

7. Carrie

Carrie Well-Known Member

I am not using any company and just recently started my work with them. The only red flag they would have on me is how many times I checked my report in a day.

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

If you are locked out, how do you eventually get in? Equifax has locked me out and will not answer my emails, letters, or phone calls.

My only sin was to contest some wrong info. I know there are problems in my report now (because Juniper denied me credit with a long list of reasons) but cannot get my report.

9. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

Just because you can't get it ONLINE, doesn't mean they're withholding it. Nothing in the law states that you MUST have access to it via the internet.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

However, others are allowed to receive it online. The only difference is that we have disputes..which is like penalizing us (making us jump through hoops that others don't have to) to obtain the information.

11. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Don't Give Up

Don't lose hope. After not being able to get my Experian report online for about a month now, I tried yesterday and Bingo! after submitting my info, there it was! And I have a dispute in progress, too.

Those confounded Experian reports are so detailed! I wish the info on each creditor wasn't so inclusive. Of course, sometimes that works to the consumer's advantage; because, the greater the details, the greater the likelihood that something in the negative column is incorrect and we can capitalize on the error. Still, though, I wish Experian would shorten the payment history on each account.

Donna

12. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

Re: Don't Give Up

anyone trying deleting the cookies from your browser and the temporary internet files in the windows directory. Maybe you are being disqualified by a previous cookie? just a long shot.

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I got rid of the temp. internet files..same thing..how do I get rid of cookies?

14. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

In the windows directory there is a folder called cookies, just open and select all, place your arrow on highlighted files and right click to choose delete, all but one file will disappear.

Usually if you get rid of temporary internet files all the cookies disappear as well.

If this is the case my idea does not work, sorry.

15. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

OK, thanks for the info...in that case, also, it didn't change anything with Experian. :(

However, my hubby is using junum with me and he can get his..go figure

16. jshimmer

jshimmer Well-Known Member

No, deleting temporary files via TOOLS/Internet Options/Delete (Temporary Internet) Files does NOT delete all your cookies. You have to delete them manually (through Windows Explorer (fka File Manager).

John

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FIND FILE...COOKIES...DELETE...