Cap. 1 cl increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, Apr 10, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Thanks to you folks here on the board, I have become proactive with my credit life.

I tracked my Cap 1 account to see when I received my last (and only) credit line increase. This board provided me with the following info- 6 months of no overlimit and perfect payment and this will lead to a $300.00 increase.

So I called today as the six months were up on 4/08/01 and requested a cl increase. The Cap 1 rep told me to hold on and reported that I am good for a $300.00 increase.

My next goal with Cap 1 is to unsecure this card (born 11/96) Right now $500 deposit for a $1000.00 cl

I know some people on this board would post that with 6 months of perfect payments and no overlimit I would automatically received the increase. The point is that Cap 1 offered me last month, a 1-5 security deposit to cl increase deal. But reading this board gave me the confidence to turn down their offer (of tying up more hard dollars) and knowing that a small but unsecured increase was on the way.

It's nice to have good information.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Good job, Sam!

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Marci, thanks!

Best regards,
    Sam

4. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

If you want to unsecure your card, you have to wait others six months from the last increase
    (April10 -->Octuber10)

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yup if you unsecure your card you'll have to wait another six months from unsecuring your card for an increase too :)

those bastages.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Guys- thanks for the tip. Do I approach them right before the 6 months or at the same time of the 6 month increase.

Cap 1 has $500.00 of my dough. I am willing to wait as this is my oldest tradeline.

Best regards,
    Sam