Cap 1 gold card holders - what

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Feb 22, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

How long and how much for your line increases for your cap 1 gold card, if you dont mind telling your original limit?

mines $600 after 1 month, originally $500.

Just curious if growth with the unsecured card is any faster than the secured product?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Cap 1 gold card holders -

i had a classic card with $500 limit and i called after 3 months to close it and they gave me $500 more before i decided to just close it.

roni

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

started out at

$300 called right after I got it(1 month) and asked to close, the rep raised it to $500 immediately. But I also had a classic secured at the time. On that same phone call the rep unsecured that card. That card was two months away from being two years old. Today is the three month mark from that phone call, so I am calling tomorrow night when I get home from work to try and get increases. Then at the six month mark I will combine. The classic card is my oldest account. I have a good student loan from 1993 but this is oldest credit card. I'll let you know. bye.

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I don't have the Capital One Gold Card, but my daughter does. She started out with the standard $200 limit in April of 2000. In November, they increased her line by $300. She called them to cancel in early December, and they increased her limit by another $1000. So, she currently has a $1500 limit on her gold card and $1000 limit on her green classic card. She plans to combine the cards when her gold card reaches its one-year anniversary.

5. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i have cap one mc, limit is 1008, 1 year old this month, called today and got $300 increase, would not unsecure the acct computer said still too new, maybe it takes 18 months or so to unsecure. last limit increase was only 100 so i am happy with this one. couldn't believe they gave it to me as i called earlier this month and it was no way. their computer is moody somestime it will go and other times it won't