Cap 1 Gold

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by itzkimmie, Aug 22, 2001.

1. itzkimmie

itzkimmie New Member

What is the criteria for Capital One Gold card? Do you need excellent credit? And can you transfer balances?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I consider the capital one gold card a "sub-prime" card. Not as subprime as say aria.com but definitely sub-prime.

Minimum credit line is $200.
    Typical credit line is $500

Do you really want this card?

3. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

sam,
    I was waiting on a response 'cuz I wanted to know too. On Friday, I got offers for both the Cap1 gold and Providian Clear ("up to $3K"). I didn't give the Cap1 a second thought ($49 deposit, plus $39 annual fee???), but what do you think about the Clear card? Terms are pretty bad, 19.99%, but 0% for 6 months sounds good (if I'm remembering correctly).

Jac

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Most of the time it is the "toy" card with the monthly fee and a high interest rate that they won't lower. Plust, you have to deal with them not reporting the limits - a pain.

How's your credit - someone can suggest a card you would be eligible for, hold your hand while you apply, LOL.

breeze

5. lifetime

lifetime Well-Known Member

I've received 2 offers this week from Cap1, 14.9 apr , 0 % introductory APR until Feb 2002, up to a 3000 credit limit but a $6 monthly membership fee. What a joke.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Suggest: Get a citibank AAdvantage card. If you are declined, then you are probably capital one "subprime"...

Citibank AAdvantage approves just about anyone with decent credit (630-640) unless your name starts with G.

j/k :)

7. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

[Originally posted by sam]
    [Citibank AAdvantage approves just about anyone with decent credit (630-640) unless your name starts with G.]

Well, that's me, and that's what happened... couldn't just tell me to my face, but I'll get a response 'at the address listed on my application'. Hopefully they won't get ticked and mess with my Plat Select and Universal accounts. <sigh>

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Or have 2 n's in your last name.

9. PuuOoPaul

PuuOoPaul Well-Known Member

Thank you for finally explaining this. Paul G. here with a 652 FICO. However, I did receive my Cap One gold card yesterday. Yeah! It's got a $200 limit. I don't plan on using it though because it's already too close to being maxed out for my comfort level. I'm going to keep it in the underwear drawer til it can do a little more.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

if you got the $200 limit call back and tell them to cancel it. They raised mine to $700 on the spot without even going to retention.