Cap 1 GOLD?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 8, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Any advantages? My husband got a pre-approval thing yesterday in the mail. Looks expensive and only $1000.00 (up to) CL.
    I know it's been mentioned before but I can't get recall it :(
    Opinions?
    Thanks

2. Indnewssrv

Indnewssrv Guest

I have a cap 1 gold card.If I"m going to get a gold card..I rather have it coming from cap 1 then some unknown.So its up to you guys but I would accept it.Good luck

cynthia

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If you qualify for citibank AA, then i'd say dont bother with the cap 1 gold. It's expensive, and the lines are very small. Its pretty ugly card too, has "GOLD" across the card, like you wouldn't know that by looking at the color :) hmm

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

CapOne gold is okay. From my experience, increases come faster than the classic and it's possible to get some of the fees, either halved or waived.

For example, my CapOne gold started out at $500 last September. Admittedly, that's very unimpressive, especially for an alleged gold card. However, three months later, the limit was increased to $3000. I didn't even know, until I called CapOne about another matter and made the discovery.

I just wanted to throw in my $.02. Let us know what you decide.

Donna

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Thanks all! I did decide to get it--so my husband and I will both have 2 products from the Cap 1 stable of cards. I have the KMart Mastercard and now a Gold. He has a classic and now a Gold. Let's see where this takes us!
    am